Dion Criticsm. . .

Dion's Best Position?

• Centre Back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

San

With all the criticsm Dion has been getting, doesnt anybody think he should be getting a bit of praise? I think he has done well in the last couple of games, keeping the opposition out. I personally feel his best position is at the back. With him at the back i think we get the best of both worlds, him defending throughout the game, and going foward posing a threat at set pieces.

I agree, at centre back we get the best of both worlds. At centre forward however, we don't get the best of any worlds.

beaumontfox said:
definitely performed better at centre half.

I've thought him a better centre-back for ages and we get the benefit of his presence as an attacker at corners and set-pieces just as we did with Matt Elliott.

Funnily enough I think Emile Heskey will make a better centre-back than striker as well.

Good goalscorers are often instinctive whereas both Dion and Emile are functional. But Emile's pace as a defender would be formidable indeed.

Unable to go yesterday but saw a friend today who went and he said Dion was awesome!

Maybe myself and few others will be eating pie.

yummy, hope so

In the first half against Leeds Dion got his head on everything they threw at us. Definitely worth having as centre back, and also a decent option should we be forced into making chances up front.

I'd be happier with Dublin after he's played against a quick centre forward,did he play against Wigan I can't remember.? Just worries me he could be vulnerable to anybody with half a yard of pace.Will he play if Keown is fit? because I can't see CL dropping Dabizas.

highland fox said:
I'd be happier with Dublin after he's played against a quick centre forward,did he play against Wigan I can't remember.? Just worries me he could be vulnerable to anybody with half a yard of pace.Will he play if Keown is fit? because I can't see CL dropping Dabizas.

In answer to your question, no dublin didn't play against Wigan,it was Keown and Dabizas.

Tony Elsby said:
beaumontfox said:
definitely performed better at centre half.

I've thought him a better centre-back for ages and we get the benefit of his presence as an attacker at corners and set-pieces just as we did with Matt Elliott.

Funnily enough I think Emile Heskey will make a better centre-back than striker as well.

Good goalscorers are often instinctive whereas both Dion and Emile are functional. But Emile's pace as a defender would be formidable indeed.
Emile used to be a defender for us at yts level so he might still be useful there, you never know.

I'd prefer Dublin not playing at all as he is to old and past it by about 4 years I'd prefer Heath and Dabizas at the back as they are both proper centre backs not just make-shift ones. Dublin is a striker but plays crap there. CL should get rid of him as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263