Dion Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babylon

This is only from a friend of a friend, but i have been told that dion is in talks to play for city next year. They believe to play mainly at the back!!

I have always wanted to see Dion play for city since his cambridge days. I hope city can sort it out as i think he can do a job in the first division next year. I think his wages will be low also as he has always wanted to play for his home town club!!

I hope micky does mix it up with youth and experience this season though as a load of oldies just won't do us any good!!

I bet he hates us tho for rejecting us when he was a lad.
Woudn't be a bad signing in that division, not sure about at the back tho.

He's very good at the back, under-rated. he'd be a good div 1 signing

dion dublin is a knob....never forgive him for slagging the foxes off in the early 90's and he did something else,cannot remember what it was maybe some one on here can recall,what ever it was john beck talked him out of it

He has been rumoured to return to the Cov scum. He would be quite a good signing in my opinion because he would look good up front and in defence in division 1.

I think Dion Dublin would be a perfect signing. He can play upfront and is vastly experienced at the back. He scored a quite a few goals for Millwall too when he went there for a loan period.

Don't get your hopes up lads, this rumor comes around every year!!! Would like to see it though!

I remember it VERY well Slyfox. It was one of the most disgraceful episodes ever witnessed at the Old Filbo. Except the disgrace wasn't Dion's it was OURS (the Kop's to be precise).

We were playing Cambridge United in the second leg of the pay off semi final. During the warm-up the Kop decided to give the Burnmoor Boy its own special 'welcome.' I couldn't quite catch the chant 'Dion, Dion der der der.' It was accompanied by a lot of finger jabbing, it was very loud and it sort of went on forever. Right up to the final whistle in fact.

At that time I didn't know that Dion was the local boy playing against the club that rejected him. And, to be frank, a lot of people interpreted the chanting as racist (I numbered myself amomgst them). What I did know for sure is that it really upset him (the angst was all over his face whenever he came into the box for corners).

The tactic worked. Dion was psyched out of the game. Cambridge held their own territorially and in terms of possession but they made crucial mistakes which we exploited- we broke away five times and put each of the chances away - 5 - 0! True, not a word of a lie! One of the weirdest games I have ever seen.

I've often thought about the treatment Dion got that night, particularly when speculation arises about him playing for us. I would be very surprised if he came here, because it was a very painful experience for him.

If he did decide to play out his career here, he'd be the biggest player I've ever seen. And we would owe him ONE MASSIVE F*CKING APOLOGY.

That answered your query Slyfox?

My uncle knows Dion's brother, and ive met Dion myself and i think he's a model professional. He's got a brilliant personality and he's a fantastic individual!

San said:
My uncle knows Dion's brother, and ive met Dion myself and i think he's a model professional. He's got a brilliant personality and he's a fantastic individual!

his brother is drummer in local band stonepark and he is a top bloke

Dublin has rejected us several times before, mainly down to what Oadby has said by the looks of things. A nothing signing really, not overly arsed if it's going to cause too much upset.

Would be a great Division One signing. Lets just hope that MA can confirm this. Like Scowy said, I'd prefer to see him up front.

Oadby Fox said:
I remember it VERY well Slyfox. It was one of the most disgraceful episodes ever witnessed at the Old Filbo. Except the disgrace wasn't Dion's it was OURS (the Kop's to be precise).

We were playing Cambridge United in the second leg of the pay off semi final. During the warm-up the Kop decided to give the Burnmoor Boy its own special 'welcome.' I couldn't quite catch the chant 'Dion, Dion der der der.' It was accompanied by a lot of finger jabbing, it was very loud and it sort of went on forever. Right up to the final whistle in fact.

At that time I didn't know that Dion was the local boy playing against the club that rejected him. And, to be frank, a lot of people interpreted the chanting as racist (I numbered myself amomgst them). What I did know for sure is that it really upset him (the angst was all over his face whenever he came into the box for corners).

The tactic worked. Dion was psyched out of the game. Cambridge held their own territorially and in terms of possession but they made crucial mistakes which we exploited- we broke away five times and put each of the chances away - 5 - 0! True, not a word of a lie! One of the weirdest games I have ever seen.

I've often thought about the treatment Dion got that night, particularly when speculation arises about him playing for us. I would be very surprised if he came here, because it was a very painful experience for him.

If he did decide to play out his career here, he'd be the biggest player I've ever seen. And we would owe him ONE MASSIVE F*CKING APOLOGY.

That answered your query Slyfox?

Great post Oadby, I remember that night so well, Ooo Tommy Wright...Rooster....bloody magic stuff....night of dreams that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757