Do you feel the La Manga 'Incident' Dented Your support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Now its all over, and we can look back on tis ugly incident - does anyone feel it knocked the way they supported city?

I think in some respects it did for me, I didn't talk about Leicester too much for a while and hoped that it would all be cleared up. Some kid in a shop the other day started chanting bring on the rapists to which I replied - and the rapist beat ya too!

However it only been recently that I have once agin felt confortable wearing my Leicester shirt around Birmingham

Fox Fan said:
Now its all over, and we can look back on tis ugly incident - does anyone feel it knocked the way they supported city?

I think in some respects it did for me, I didn't talk about Leicester too much for a while and hoped that it would all be cleared up. Some kid in a shop the other day started chanting bring on the rapists to which I replied - and the rapist beat ya too!

However it only been recently that I have once agin felt confortable wearing my Leicester shirt around Birmingham
It made me support the club more :?

Made me support them more if anything. And makes Dickov leaving a real kick in the balls.

Tom W said:
Made me support them more if anything. And makes Dickov leaving a real kick in the balls.

Nothing is definite yet though is it?

I can't think of anything that would dent my support for the club.

If they were all found naked and covered in oil frolicking with goats and penguins it wouldn't make any difference.

The players get out on the lash on a freebie holiday when they should be training harder than ever to stay in the prem
The club rip off their fans day in day out, with no concept of basic customer service
The bumbling idiots put in farcical release clauses meaning everyone can leave for a tenner
Club employs an arse that nearly sends us out of business
Club sends back away tickets 'cos it has no business brain that can manage away ticketing
Club does f*ck all ever etc. etc.

I've still renewed me season ticket already. I'll still travel to godforsaken places like crewe and plymouth. I'll still buy bucketloads of crap merchandise that I don't need

Just another episode in the life of a footy supporter. you just shrug your shoulders and get on with it

What's the alternative ??

homer said:
I can't think of anything that would dent my support for the club.

If they were all found naked and covered in oil frolicking with goats and penguins it wouldn't make any difference.

The players get out on the lash on a freebie holiday when they should be training harder than ever to stay in the prem
The club rip off their fans day in day out, with no concept of basic customer service
The bumbling idiots put in farcical release clauses meaning everyone can leave for a tenner
Club employs an arse that nearly sends us out of business
Club sends back away tickets 'cos it has no business brain that can manage away ticketing
Club does f*ck all ever etc. etc.

I've still renewed me season ticket already. I'll still travel to godforsaken places like crewe and plymouth. I'll still buy bucketloads of crap merchandise that I don't need

Just another episode in the life of a footy supporter. you just shrug your shoulders and get on with it

What's the alternative ??

Agree. But I have to say that the tabloid crap that was thrown at us over the incident at La Manga which was never an incident in the first place has made me even angrier about the rush to judgement which occurred at that time, and has made my support more passionate.

Nope, in fact, it has made my support stronger for the club.

I will always support the club though, players will come and go, but the club will always be here......

Scowcroft said:

I will always support the club though, players will come and go, but the club will always be here......

Taking it for granted then Scowy - remember that the club might not always be here.

Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:

Taking it for granted then Scowy - remember that the club might not always be here.

You know the point I'm trying to make.......

Absolutely not, nothing can ever dent my support for the club. It probably lowered my opinions of certain players for letting them get into that position but I will still stick by them. I have Leicester in my blood and will remain a leicester fan forever through and through. True blue.

Why would this dent my support? They were fcvkin innocent, obviously you thought otherwise Fox Fan. Even if they were guilty it wouldn't dent my support for Leicester, i'm City through and through and it's in my blood I couldn't stop supporting them if I tried. It made me support them more, i've ever been so passionate as I was the day we played Birmingham and Everton.

Crazee thread

My support for LCFC is exactly the same as it was before the incident - that being 100%. Why would it change? Even when we had David Pleat as our manager I supported LCFC 100%. It's totally irrelevant and my support will always be 100% because Ii am Leicester through and through.

I felt that it made me get behind the club more, one of my mates mum's vowed to not watch them again now she has egg on her face and it's startin to smell

Malf said:
Why would this dent my support? They were fcvkin innocent, obviously you thought otherwise Fox Fan. Even if they were guilty it wouldn't dent my support for Leicester, i'm City through and through and it's in my blood I couldn't stop supporting them if I tried. It made me support them more, i've ever been so passionate as I was the day we played Birmingham and Everton.

Crazee thread

Prehaps dent was the wrong word - what I was trying to say did the incident in La Manga make you think twice about weraing a City shirt around town, ovioulsy people from diffrent parts of this land (e.g Sheffild, B'ham, Luton ect..) will probally have diffrent opions or feelings than those in Leicester.

I took a lot of stick for supporting Leicester when all of this came out and for a while I will admit it I didn't feel confident about wearing my shirt in Birmigham (except at that fantastic match!).

Fox Fan said:
Malf said:

Crazee thread

Prehaps dent was the wrong word - what I was trying to say did the incident in La Manga make you think twice about weraing a City shirt around town, ovioulsy people from diffrent parts of this land (e.g Sheffild, B'ham, Luton ect..) will probally have diffrent opions or feelings than those in Leicester.

I took a lot of stick for supporting Leicester when all of this came out and for a while I will admit it I didn't feel confident about wearing my shirt in Birmigham (except at that fantastic match!).

I live in Nuneaton full off Villa, Cov, e.t.c (Hardly any Leicester fans) the very afternoon the reports came through that Dickov had been arrested, I put my "THERES ONLY ONE DICKOV" shirt on and went down town, I got some very funny looks but I always believed he was innocent...

So did I think twice? NO!

Fox Fan said:
Malf said:

Crazee thread

I went to Spain not long after the La Manga incident, and I wore my LCFC shirt with pride.

I felt that alot of people with any sense knew that it stinked right from the word go. This is despite the boys getting a lot more stick than the ones in the 'roasting' scandal, and they were considerably bigger household names. IF they were guilty then the club was not at fault and i would support them the same as before.

Proper football fans from around the country would have shown empathy,
only the press went to town on it .I dont think anyone took it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757