Don Hutchinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babylon

Says on team talk we are after him.

Team talk also says ferdinand will join bolton.

They are both in the paper talk section.

We seem to be going down the route of 'buying' players to do a job in the Championship which is worrying as in the unlikely event of us going up next year we will have to rebuild again next summer as all the players will be too old to cope.

Great. :x

Wellard said:
We seem to be going down the route of 'buying' players to do a job in the Championship which is worrying as in the unlikely event of us going up next year we will have to rebuild again next summer as all the players will be too old to cope.

Great. :x

I wouldn't get to vexed about whoever Ferdinand joins or doesn't. The guy has been a class act but he's 38 -recovering from a serious knee operation & IMO is very unlikely to repeat last season's results.

On the wider issue -its been obvious for weeks now that we have looked to get higher paid 'rejects' off the pay roll & lower paid 'rejects' on to it.
This seems to be all we can afford to do & I think that Micky is by no means calling the shots.

If he could get another(better) club I am sure he would do a runner - this club is an impoverished mess & I'm afraid there is more pain to come.

The issue that interests me is the one around Williams -if the tribunal comes up with a fee of around 500k -will we pay it?

Please no. The transfer targets are giving me a queasy feeling. :( :( :roll: :cry:

We all seem very quick to assume that newspaper talk is actually true :roll: , they see what MA did last season and a couple of signings this time and jump to conclusions. MA does not hold the purse strings, not that the purse is that big, but again I say we need a bit of a reality check.
WE ARE SKINT!!!!!!
I am sure that the club are trying to sign those young, talented players that we would all like to see, but if they are that good they cost money and other clubs will be interested who have the money to spend.
The only players we can sign at the moment are those that are out of contract and are free, or in Williams case they have a fee but will be smaller than they are actually worth.
Redditch, I would have thought we would cover every angle and would not go for a player that we can not afford, however until the fee is set MA will not know exactly how much of the kitty is left so could hold a couple of deals up.
Lets just get behind ANY player that we get rather than moaning, then when the season starts see how they play and make judgements then.

Naughty Fox said:
We all seem very quick to assume that newspaper talk is actually true :roll: , they see what MA did last season and a couple of signings this time and jump to conclusions. MA does not hold the purse strings, not that the purse is that big, but again I say we need a bit of a reality check.
WE ARE SKINT!!!!!!
I am sure that the club are trying to sign those young, talented players that we would all like to see, but if they are that good they cost money and other clubs will be interested who have the money to spend.
The only players we can sign at the moment are those that are out of contract and are free, or in Williams case they have a fee but will be smaller than they are actually worth.
Redditch, I would have thought we would cover every angle and would not go for a player that we can not afford, however until the fee is set MA will not know exactly how much of the kitty is left so could hold a couple of deals up.
Lets just get behind ANY player that we get rather than moaning, then when the season starts see how they play and make judgements then.

I agree with every word of that -I'm not moaning incidentally although I would comment that I think the club tried to put a more positive light on matters up to the ST renewal deadline & as you know I think they mishandled the infamous clauses -but yes I just hope for the best & want to be motivated to turn up for a good few games rather than enjoying the better Spanish climate.

Hutchison? they are getting older,mind he only needs us and then he'd have played for all 92 league clubs.In the goalkeeper department we could do with cover.. Dave Beasent's available,won't cost us a penny either.

It's all paper talk as NF said, which often means bullshit. (State the obvious)

I bet you get these journalists checking forums to get the latest rumours to fill up the back pages.

Hope the journalists don't use here for their stories,imagine tomorrows headlines 'POSTER MALF IN X-FILE DISSAPEARANCE'

Redditch Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:
WE ARE SKINT!!!!!!

I agree with every word of that -I'm not moaning incidentally although I would comment that I think the club tried to put a more positive light on matters up to the ST renewal deadline & as you know I think they mishandled the infamous clauses -but yes I just hope for the best & want to be motivated to turn up for a good few games rather than enjoying the better Spanish climate.

With you there Redditch, the 'moaning' comment was not directed at you but a general comment as alot of people are very doom and gloom on here at the mo. It could be worse we could be Bradford :( poor sods.

By the way, I know where I would rather be come Rotherham away :wink:

Scowcroft said:
It's all paper talk as NF said, which often means bullshit. (State the obvious)

I bet you get these journalists checking forums to get the latest rumours to fill up the back pages.

Yeh this is the first place i'll be.

maybe corky can get his boots on, lineker or even birch!!!! The players we are getting in are a joke but i'm not going to moan to much until i see them play and if there not up to the job, then i'll be moaning!!!

Craig said:
Babylon said:
Says on team talk we are after him.

Team talk also says ferdinand will join bolton.

you got a cold?

They are both in the paper talk section.

*cough cough*
:wink:

Brenfox1 said:
If they do the job & get us promoted then there's no problem
Yes there is. 10 players released 10 new players and relegation again. I want us to have a settled team, a team with players that actually know they have a future with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757