Dougie Freedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonfox

i've just been talking to a Crystal Palace supporting friend of mine and he told me that the story down Palace way is that we are after Dougie Freedman as Ian Dowie doesn't want him for their Premiership campaign... I personally think he would be an ideal signing and given the fact that he is a favourite of Dave Bassett, him having signed him for bith Forest and Palace I think this rumour may have legs....

What does everyone else think???

No more Bassett rejects please. Their record so far has not been good. :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Steven said:
No more Bassett rejects please. Their record so far has not been good. :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Brian Deane??? not exactly a bad signing... who exactly of the Bassett reects as you call them were not good signings???

Petrescu said:
londonfox said:
Steven said:

Brian Deane??? not exactly a bad signing... who exactly of the Bassett reects as you call them were not good signings???
CRAIG HIGNETT

why are we assuming he was a Bassett signing and not a Micky Adams one??? or is this another case of blaming Bassett for everything because MA is perfect???

londonfox said:
Petrescu said:
londonfox said:
Steven said:

CRAIG HIGNETT

why are we assuming he was a Bassett signing and not a Micky Adams one??? or is this another case of blaming Bassett for everything because MA is perfect???

John Curtis. :wink:

londonfox said:
Steven said:

Curtis, Rodgers - Dickov was good though disloyal. I would rather see one hand on the transfer tiller and see no trace of Bassett doing anything with these contracts, i.e. negotiate them, insert/remove clauses or suggest players to buy. His record thus far 1 1/2 hits and plenty of misses. :roll:

Scowcroft said:
londonfox said:
Petrescu said:
londonfox said:
Steven said:

CRAIG HIGNETT

again... didn't MA sign him???

we could do a lot worse than dougie freedman i'd take anybody at the moment

Bollocks to Freedman, when there's players like Novo, Bridges, McPhee and even Joachim available!!

If Freedman signs, I will drop the kids off under his car door handles.

Would be a very good signing IMO! Good eye for goal and is proven in the 1st division.
I would have thought they would be asking about 750K for him which might be out of our league.

londonfox said:
Scowcroft said:
londonfox said:
Petrescu said:
londonfox said:
Steven said:

CRAIG HIGNETT

LF, Micky did sign him, but you wonder how much influence Basset had on these dealings.......

MA is far from perfect, but let us not sign the same sort of player that we did last season. :wink:

Malf said:
Bollocks to Freedman, when there's players like Novo, Bridges, McPhee and even Joachim available!!

If Freedman signs, I will drop the kids off under his car door handles.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian said:
Would be a very good signing IMO! Good eye for goal and is proven in the 1st division.
I would have thought they would be asking about 750K for him which might be out of our league.

He's never commenaded that fee in his life has he? Other than when he was young, he's in his thirties now, lovely. If he's worth £750k then Novo is worth £60 million

Malf said:
Ian said:

He's never commenaded that fee in his life has he? Other than when he was young, he's in his thirties now, lovely. If he's worth £750k then Novo is worth £60 million

Oops sorry i was getting confused with Andrew Johnson!!!

I do hope this isnt true. We need to go for quality and despite him scoring goals last season he couldnt get a regular starting place and is 30 now.

londonfox said:
Scowcroft said:
londonfox said:
Petrescu said:
londonfox said:
Steven said:

CRAIG HIGNETT

They were both players with him at Barnsley (his former club) when they were in the first division.

Dont think he will come as Palace have got promoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757