Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had just about finished feeling sick about today, and then i watched the championship :icon_roll

Why would you do that to yourself!?

Sky were replaying the game earlier (or highlights of it, not sure) and one of my mates wanted to see it, so I just left the room. Couldn't bare to see any of it again.

Clearly we played not to lose, hoping that the blades would keep us up. Did we do that because we don't know how to win though?

when you get one you'll get more.

I know that having a strong defence is crucial for being a successful team but it's so much more fun for a fan to have an attacking team that scores a lot. Can't really remember the last City side like that.

Bloomfields babes?

I wonder how all the stability, pro-Holloway posters feel now? :102:

How do you think? Although I am not buying in to the 'another manager would have kept us up' argument and still believe that the only moving around this summer should be in the Board Room.

feck off you cnut

I thought he was quite pleasent, to be honest the response from the likes of Dorky, Rydhal, Weeman and the forest lot are a hell of a lot better than I imagine we would be giving them, and better than we deserve.

Aldridge for chairman MM just give him a good budget and attend matches (stop trying to control) As for managers we need someone who has been in ths league recently and got promotion. Dont like Dowie so i plump for Grayson/Steve Thompson (maybe Walshie in some capacity).
We have to accept where we are, a Big fish in a little pond (assuming Leeds go up) Interesting to see which players want to jump ship.
Manager with experience of this league must bring in new players not MM (although he wont be able to attract now)

Stick with Holloway and let him put the team together and leave it alone until Christmas at the earliest.

And then the excuse for the next manager is I only had half a season.

I think now is the time to change. That way it's the whole summer to prepare and no excuses.

Hume looked like our only player with quality,
All the players out there yesterday were quality, but unfortunately a very poor standard of quality.

Hume made a couple of good passes to satisfy and maintain his icnonic status, but for the most part he was total garbage. And judging by the reactions of those fans around where we were standing, I wasn't the only one that thought that.

I already responded to this earlier in response to Stevens post.

If we had gone out for a win today and all guns blazing and still drew 0-0 and gone down I would still be backing Holloway. However the fact that he didn't make a change until 85 minutes is inexcusable.

By calling his post twatty I was trying to stay within the rules of attacking the post not the poster, I don't regret backing Holloway at all, at the time I thought he would get us out of it.

No doubt the ones who wanted rid of him will take delight in the current situation, but blaming the people who stuck their neck on the line and said stick with him is twatty.

Beighton - I meant to say, fair enough.

Actually, I'm not delighted. Quite apart from relegation considerably reducing my interest in next season - i found it bad enough watching the boring and threadbare fizzy league stuff - I was hoping that we would survive through other clubs' efforts leading to there being no excuse but to sack Holloway.

I've always been worried that one of the paradoxes of the situation, is that there is a better case for keeping Holloway if we were relegated i.e. - League 1 is about his level and it would be difficult to get anyone a quarter decent to replace him.

Don't know how to win, don't know how to score.
Very similar to our problem this season, although it was more not knowing how to be more ruthless in front of goal. Yesterday's result really summed up our whole season and we unfortunately deservedly paid the price. :icon_cry:

Stick with Holloway and let him put the team together and leave it alone until Christmas at the earliest.

If I could see the slightest glimmer that Holloway had improved things Alex I'd be willing to give him time.However the clear fact is he hasn't,he's had enough time,spent enough money,signed enough of his players to have made a difference.The only difference he's made is that we are now playing in a lower League next season.I'm all for giving people a chance and time but the facts clearly signal that Holloway is not good enough,he's unept.Look at yesterdays Starting line up,other than the back 4 was there a player playing in his correct position ?

All the players out there yesterday were quality, but unfortunately a very poor standard of quality.

Hume made a couple of good passes to satisfy and maintain his icnonic status, but for the most part he was total garbage. And judging by the reactions of those fans around where we were standing, I wasn't the only one that thought that.

He had ball control, was actually able to get a shot at goal on target unlike hayles. Now when I said quality I didnt mean rooney type quality I meant 'some' quality.

actually I distinctly remember Barry Hayles had a shot on target in that match, it was from around the 'D' towards the end of the first half. I also thought he had a better game than Hume. I do think Iain Hume is one of our better players personally, but I thought he had a bad game against Stoke...

So do I

actually I distinctly remember Barry Hayles had a shot on target in that match, it was from around the 'D' towards the end of the first half. I also thought he had a better game than Hume. I do think Iain Hume is one of our better players personally, but I thought he had a bad game against Stoke...

To me Hayles was worse against Stoke than Elvis ever was, and I mean that whole heartedly.

I remember hayles running at goal and his shot was about halfway between the corner flag and the goal, was in the 1st half :(

The only other bits from him I remember was his very lack of pace, a few long passes to him and he was supposed to run into the space to pick up the pass but was always easily beaten by his defender.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265