Driving test - advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Hello one and all. I've said it before but I'll say it again - this forum is a bloody brilliant place to come for advice and I've been helped out by various people here before when I have seeked advice. It's like an online citizens advice bureau!

Here is the latest area I am looking for advice on.

A friend of mine was due to take his driving test on Friday 29th November. This was cancelled due to the weather conditions and rescheduled for Wednesday 3rd. This test was also cancelled due to icy roads (even though they were not icy).

Thursday 4th December was the two year anniversary of him passing his theory test and therefore, as he hadn't passed his driving test within the two years, he has been told that he needs to take his theory test again.

Now surely it is not his fault that the practical tests were cancelled. The DVLA are being pretty harsh I think and should offer some sort of grace period in these circumstances.

What would you advise him to do?

Wear a short mini skirt

He should get cancellation papers and send them to DVLA, it was not his fault they are cancelled.

He should get cancellation papers and send them to DVLA, it was not his fault they are cancelled.

What has this got to do with the DVLA? Driving tests are managed by the Driving Standards Agency and it is they that he should be contacting.

I would have thought that their enquiry line would be able to give a better answer than anybody in this forum. You can ring them on 0300 200 1122 or send an email to [email protected]

Last edited:
Judging by some of the driving I saw whilst walking the dog last night, everyone should be made to take their tests on icy roads.

I'd start a war personally. Put an ad in a national newspaper recruiting anyone who wants to join. i've got a number for a major arms dealer who may be able to get you guns and shit. just pm me for it. feed the recruits and they'll be happy. demand a re-consideration or threaten to blow up wales or somewhere shitty like nottingham, derby or scotland

It doesn't matter whether it was his fault his test was cancelled or not, his 2 year period is up. The period is not in place arbitrarilly(sp), it is there so that when people pass their test and are at their most vulnerable, the theory that they have is not out of date. The stuff he learnt and passed with will now be different, for instance he will have to do the hazard perception element etc.

It doesn't matter whether it was his fault his test was cancelled or not, his 2 year period is up. The period is not in place arbitrarilly(sp), it is there so that when people pass their test and are at their most vulnerable, the theory that they have is not out of date. The stuff he learnt and passed with will now be different, for instance he will have to do the hazard perception element etc.
i took my theory in 2005 and i had to do hazard perception

Judging by some of the driving I saw whilst walking the dog last night, everyone should be made to take their tests on icy roads.

Lunatics. Three crashes at the end of my road last night because people didn't realise you couldn't turn a corner at 100 mph in the ice.

Hazard what? Can't remember that it 1919.

Lunatics. Three crashes at the end of my road last night because people didn't realise you couldn't turn a corner at 100 mph in the ice.

I was walking the dog around the estate and almost everyone who turned off the main road into the cul-de-sacs managed to brake from travelling very slowly and braking as hard as they could. Whats wrong with driving slowly and braking early, it aint fecking rocket science. I blame ABS, stupid people think it will get them out of shit anytime.

Hazard what? Can't remember that it 1919.

1919 Theory Test.

Question 1.

You see a poor person crossing the road in front of your motor carrage. Do you?

A. Speed up to the 9mph top speed and hit to poor bastard, who needs poor people.
B. Slow to a stop within the required stopping distance (anything within the next mile) and give the poor person a piece of you mind for crossing in front of you, remembering to use the phrase “don’t you know who I am?”
C. Get your butler to shoot the poor person for having the audacity to be out in the daylight.

I was walking the dog around the estate and almost everyone who turned off the main road into the cul-de-sacs managed to brake from travelling very slowly and braking as hard as they could. Whats wrong with driving slowly and braking early, it aint fecking rocket science. I blame ABS, stupid people think it will get them out of shit anytime.

They don't seem to understand either that you drive in a low gear, not at 30/40 mph in 2nd. No wonder they had the stability of a new born horse!

I wouldn't have noticed a poor person, peasants, vermin. I live in the South of France you know.

1919 Theory Test.

Question 1.

You see a poor person crossing the road in front of your motor carrage. Do you?

A. Speed up to the 9mph top speed and hit to poor bastard, who needs poor people.
B. Slow to a stop within the required stopping distance (anything within the next mile) and give the poor person a piece of you mind for crossing in front of you, remembering to use the phrase “don’t you know who I am?”
C. Get your butler to shoot the poor person for having the audacity to be out in the daylight.

Option C. :icon_wink

What would you advise him to do?

Drive with no licence, tax or insurance. Loads of other people do. If they catch you the fines are not worth complaining about.

(rant over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47