Dutch speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

After many awful attempts on online translaters, could some translate this...

Wilhelmus van nassouwe, ben ik , van duitsen bloed.
Den vaderland getrouwe, blijf ik tot in den dood.

It's on the inside of the Dutch light blue shirt and my bro wants it translating. I know a few guys on here have lived in the Netherlands.

It's on the inside of the Dutch light blue shirt and my bro wants it translating.

Warm wash only, do not tumble dry

Last edited:
After many awful attempts on online translaters, could some translate this...

It's on the inside of the Dutch light blue shirt and my bro wants it translating. I know a few guys on here have lived in the Netherlands.

William of Nassau, am I, of Nederlands blood
Loyal to the Fatherland, I remain, until death.

http://www.nederlandsalstweedetaal.nl/wilhelmus.htm
Het eerste couplet van het Wilhelmus
Het eerste couplet van het Wilhelmus is het deel dat bij officiele gelegenheden altijd wordt gespeeld/gezongen.

Wilhelmus van Nassouwe
ben ik, van Duitsen bloed,
den vaderland getrouwe
blijf ik tot in den dood.

Een Prinse van Oranje
ben ik, vrij onverveerd,
den Koning van Hispanje
heb ik altijd geëerd.

Verklarende woordenlijst

Het Wilhelmus is al een oud lied. Van sommige woorden ken je de betekenis misschien niet goed. Hieronder vind je een korte verklaring van moeilijke woorden uit het eerste couplet.

Duitsen bloed: Duits is afgeleid van Diets, wat weer een afkorting is van Nederdiets. Het betekent Nederlands, en niet Duits, zoals je misschien zou kunnen denken.

Getrouwe: Dit betekent 'trouw'. Den vaderland getrouwe betekent dan dat je trouw bent aan het vaderland; het land waar je geboren bent.

Hispanje: Hiermee wordt Spanje bedoeld.

Onverveerd: Dit betekent 'zonder angst' of 'zonder vrees'.

Schild: Schild betekent hier figuurlijk 'beschermer'.

Betrouwen: Dit betekent 'op wie ik vertrouw'.

t'aller stond: t'aller stond betekent 'op elke tijd', 'altijd'.

Tirannie: Tirannie betekent 'onderdrukking'. De Spanjaarden onderdrukten de Nederlanders en dat ging er vaak niet zachtzinnig aan toe.

Doorwondt: Dit betekent 'verwondt' of 'verscheurt'.

Geschiedenis en overige coupletten
Het Wilhelmus is het oudste volkslied ter wereld. De geschiedenis en alle andere coupletten van het Wilhelmus lees je hier.

Last edited:
Not sure about the first line, but I think the second means something along the lines of 'I will remain faithful to the fatherland until I die/until I am dead'

I only know a few bits of the language though, so it could be wrong!

I like the new Holland shirt brought one a few weeks back, the collar is a really nice...its V-Neck but has the colour of the flag stripes.

I went on a choo-choo train in Holland, it went really fast.
If I go to Holland again, I'll probably choo-choo-choose to go on a train again.

I went on a choo-choo train in Holland, it went really fast.
If I go to Holland again, I'll probably choo-choo-choose to go on a train again.

I bet his cats breath smells of cat food to.

William of Nassau, am I, of Nederlands blood
Loyal to the Fatherland, I remain, until death.

http://www.nederlandsalstweedetaal.nl/wilhelmus.htm

The first verse of the Wilhelmus The first verse of the Wilhelmus is the part that with official occasions always played / sung. Wilhelmus van Nassouwe I am, of Duitsen blood, the homeland, I remain faithful to in the death. A Prince of Orange am I, onverveerd Friday, the King of Hispanje I have always honoured. Glossary Wilhelmus It is already an old song. Some words, you know the meaning may not be good. Here you'll find a brief explanation of difficult words from the first verse. Duitsen blood: German is derived from Diets, which in turn is an abbreviation of Nederdiets. It means Dutch, not German, as you might have thought. Faithful: This means' faith '. the homeland faithful means that you are faithful to the homeland, the country where you're born. Hispanje: This is referred to Spain. Onverveerd: This means' no fear 'or' no fear '.

thats some of it not got time to do the rest ,got to pick kids up in a bit ill look at it in a bit

Last edited:
Sommige van de mensen op deze borden hebben hun onderbroeken aan Lional Blair als een soort seksuele expresion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46