Duty free...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great triumph for Top, coming so soon after the loss of Vichai

It would have been a major surprise had they not got this. In the most polite way, King Power have repeatedly proved themselves to be highly effective at managing the political situation in Thailand.

That said, this secures their main cash cow for another decade which means that the family empire will continue to grow at an astonishing rate. Top and family have the spare cash to do whatever the heck they want.

After subsidising our growth from 2010 to 2014 to the tune of over £100m, the club have paid them back many times over since. Not just in terms of the title win, but the value of the club is now over £600m so it has proved to be an extremely profitable investment. How much their promotion of their brand has been helped by the association with City is also interesting. I would suggest that this alone has been worth many £100s of millions to them.

The adage that it's easy to make money when you've got money has proved itself to be true in this case. It would be nice if the owners put some money in this summer to help secure the current squad by adding some quality to it. If we sign Tielemans, it will be a promising start.

Will David and Linda ever find the time to get it on together ?

Fabulous stuff

Ahhhh. Never watched it.

Then you're in for a fecking treat lad. Settle down for 25 mins of top drawer entertainment.

I’ve seen plenty of shite sit-coms from that era, so I’m surprised I’ve never heard of it. It’ll have to wait until after I’ve finished catching up with today’s stage in the Giro.

It would have been a major surprise had they not got this. In the most polite way, King Power have repeatedly proved themselves to be highly effective at managing the political situation in Thailand.

That said, this secures their main cash cow for another decade which means that the family empire will continue to grow at an astonishing rate. Top and family have the spare cash to do whatever the heck they want.

After subsidising our growth from 2010 to 2014 to the tune of over £100m, the club have paid them back many times over since. Not just in terms of the title win, but the value of the club is now over £600m so it has proved to be an extremely profitable investment. How much their promotion of their brand has been helped by the association with City is also interesting. I would suggest that this alone has been worth many £100s of millions to them.

The adage that it's easy to make money when you've got money has proved itself to be true in this case. It would be nice if the owners put some money in this summer to help secure the current squad by adding some quality to it. If we sign Tielemans, it will be a promising start.
Sadly not as simple as that. FFP rules basically provide we can’t spend what we don’t earn. That is why Man City face some questions. Their owners are absurdly rich but they are not allowed just to spunk the cash if they don’t earn the revenue.

If we bet big we have to seal top 4.

Lots of King Power advertising pitchside at the Soccer Aid game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263