Pre Match EFL Cup Third Round - Leicester v Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two second string teams battle it out in a glorified friendly in an empty stadium to pen another glamorous chapter in the storied history of this great competition. The stuff of legends. Isn’t modern football wonderful?

Two second string teams battle it out in a glorified friendly in an empty stadium to pen another glamorous chapter in the storied history of this great competition. The stuff of legends. Isn’t modern football wonderful?
While the TV companies try to say what a big match it is?

A bit how they try to hype up the charity err sorry community or whatever the ****ing shield it is called nowadays.

I, like all Leicester fans over a certain age, have fond memories of this competition, from that relatively small window in time when it was a serious cup tournament the big teams actually went out to win.

Those days are long gone. It’s now over 20 years since we beat Tranmere and the reputation of this competition has experienced a great deal of deterioration since

This season it could be interesting, but only because Premier League clubs may be trying even harder than usual to get booted out as soon as possible. It wouldn’t entirely surprise me if some of them had been looking into ways to get disqualified to spare them from having to throw a game. This competition, and possibly the FA Cup too, could turn out to be the best opportunity in a long time for a team outside the Premier League to sneak into Europe, and honestly I hope it happens. It would be the perfect message to the powers that be if Lincoln or Forest Green ended up with exotic trips to Moldova and Cyprus because all the top table clubs had the sense to properly sack off this calendar-clogging competition.

Premier League clubs should not be in this cup. They clearly have no interest in participating, even though they all claim otherwise when they reach the semis.

Arsenal to win by DQ after Rodgers hits Arteta with a folding steel chair borrowed from WWE.

I will always cherish those Wembley finals.

Even if you get there these days it just doesn't have the same magic as that old shit hole of a stadium.

Mexico fans old graffiti on the walls in the bogs, concourses wider than the pitch at Filbo, Calling all of the horseshit on Wembley way Dave Kitson.

Home made flags with utterly ridiculous wording on them "They think it's all Ginola....But Izzet"

Massive game of football in a car park with about 400 blokes and kids playing.

Not having everything available to you at the touch of a button on a ****ing mobile phone, sanitising every single experience as nothing is a surprise.

The cups gone

I will always cherish those Wembley finals.

Even if you get there these days it just doesn't have the same magic as that old shit hole of a stadium.

Mexico fans old graffiti on the walls in the bogs, concourses wider than the pitch at Filbo, Calling all of the horseshit on Wembley way Dave Kitson.

Home made flags with utterly ridiculous wording on them "They think it's all Ginola....But Izzet"

Massive game of football in a car park with about 400 blokes and kids playing.

Not having everything available to you at the touch of a button on a ****ing mobile phone, sanitising every single experience as nothing is a surprise.

The cups gone
Life is gone, in that regard. I suppose we should just be thankful that we had it at all, though.

Usually I'd be up for progressing in all cups, and going out to win one.

This year, with Europa League games and a condensed season, we just can't prioritise everything. Our squad was too thin on quality for the games last year.

This year this competition matters even less since its unlikely to even give the fans a day out at Wembley.

I can never go as far as wanting us to lose, but I'd be disappointed if we don't rest our entire first XI. Happy to play an entire academy side.

Possible game time for players coming back from injury.

They should do a ballot for the season ticket holders the lucky 11 (or unlucky) get to play, they would "rise" to the occasion and "knead" the gunners out the cup whilst collecting some "dough" for charity all "under" the lights.

I'll get my coat.

Matty James down for a game then Or is he injured again :)

How about any of those back from Loan players - they might welcome a bit of the spotlight

Ward
Amartey Johnson Knight Thomas
Silva Dewsbury-Hall James
Ghezzel Slimani Diabate​

Subs: Clark, Hughes, Ndukwu, Hulme, Muskwe

Could help put a few in the shop window

Ward
Amartey Knight Fuchs
D-Campbell Choudhury D-Hall Thomas
Gray Iheanacho Muskwe

Ward
Amartey Knight Fuchs
D-Campbell Choudhury D-Hall Thomas
Gray Iheanacho Muskwe
Shouldn’t DJ Campbell play up front for his return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757