Speculation El Hadji Diouf

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Controversial ex-Blackburn Rovers striker El-Hadji Diouf is a shock target for big-spending Leicester boss Sven-Goran Eriksson after leaving the Ewood Park club. Diouf, who is a free agent, is also wanted by West Ham, but will consider all offers, including those from the US and Qatar, before making a decision.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Re: El Hadj Diouf

Spelling mistake on thread title, mods please add an 'i' to Hadj.

Controversial ex-Blackburn Rovers striker El-Hadji Diouf is a shock target for big-spending Leicester boss Sven-Goran Eriksson after leaving the Ewood Park club. Diouf, who is a free agent, is also wanted by West Ham, but will consider all offers, including those from the US and Qatar, before making a decision.
Full story: Daily Mirror

I hope this news will be as much as a surprise to Sven as it is to everybody else. Qatar seems the best option for him IMHO.

Im 50/50 on this one, if he got his head down and kept his mouth shut(for several reasons) then he might turn out to be a decent signing, however having seen his attitude over the last few years im not sure he is capable of doing this. Plus i cant see him being the the person for a Championship promotion scrap doesnt seem like the kind of challenge that appeals to him.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Sure he’s a scumbag and may get sent off a few times and yeah everybody hates him but it’s like the Robbie Savage syndrome. You love him if he plays for your club!
I'm not entirely sure whether the word paradox is appropriate here, but I think it applies.

Don’t think so?

Sure he’s a scumbag and may get sent off a few times and yeah everybody hates him but it’s like the Robbie Savage syndrome. You love him if he plays for your club!

The Liverpool fans didn't.

More made up cobblers from a lazy press hack. Same as the 'Sven's got five games' nonsense

One of many 'big spending Leicester' stories we will have to put up with throughout the year

This guy can feck right off. He's not even very good, nevermind the massive attitude problem. We think of people like Robbie Savage, Dennis Wise and Joey Barton as hated figures but in my eyes this 'chap' (using the term loosely) is on another level. He is nothing but trouble, make no mistake.

Don’t think so?

No, I don't love El Hadji Diouf.
I dislike this excuse for a footballer with a passion, the exact opposite of a role model.

At least Robbie Savage knows how to poke fun at himself at times and didn't quit teams after 6 months only.

Liverpool fans absolutely hate Diouf - and for good reason(s).

El Hadji Diouf has no place at Leicester - he's a hateful human being who acts like an absolute tw*t at least 75% of the time. i think we're better of sticking with Schlupp, Vassell, Gallagher and Nugent supporting Beckford and a relatively happy ship / half decent reputation within the league.
If we want to sign someone to be illiterate and spit at the opposition we would find it cheaper to put some shorts on a camel.

Look im going to have to deal with Beckford. But not this vile horrible twat no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757