New Contract Elder and Eppiah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, new deal for Elder is a strange one. He’s been here seven years and I’ve seen zero indication from any manager in all that time that they thought he was anywhere near the first team. A new two year contract at 23 for a lad who isn’t in the Premier League 25 and has never even been named in a match squad. Utterly bizarre.

Yep, new deal for Elder is a strange one. He’s been here seven years and I’ve seen zero indication from any manager in all that time that they thought he was anywhere near the first team. A new two year contract at 23 for a lad who isn’t in the Premier League 25 and has never even been named in a match squad. Utterly bizarre.

I suspect this is purely for financial reasons, and no one is expecting him to play for us.
He won't be on much money, so the extra year won't cost much. But if he's under contract to us we'll be able to sell him to a Championship club for more than his contract will cost us. That will probably depend on him going out on loan and doing well, so it's a gamble, but one that presumably the club thinks is worth taking.

I suspect this is purely for financial reasons, and no one is expecting him to play for us.
He won't be on much money, so the extra year won't cost much. But if he's under contract to us we'll be able to sell him to a Championship club for more than his contract will cost us. That will probably depend on him going out on loan and doing well, so it's a gamble, but one that presumably the club thinks is worth taking.
he's played 11 games at Championship level in his career and apparently wasn't that good, we might be able to sell to a League One side but I doubt we'd get much

he's played 11 games at Championship level in his career and apparently wasn't that good, we might be able to sell to a League One side but I doubt we'd get much

Some players are late developers. The club has presumably seen something in him to make them think he's worth the extra year.
At 23, Jamie Vardy was playing for Halifax.

Some players are late developers. The club has presumably seen something in him to make them think he's worth the extra year.
At 23, Jamie Vardy was playing for Halifax.
Vardy fell through the cracks of the system, Elder has been impressive at League One level, a fine career can be made there, but even the side he was at last season that won promotion barely showed interest in signing him at Championship level.

Maybe he's a smashing bunch of lads? Thinks up some cracking twatty handshakes to boost morale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263