Elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Hume deal Confirmed Durham? I know its on The OS but you can't take any notice of them usesless feckers.

I personally cant see the point in buying Elvis.

Yes hes looked promising but if cash is tight is it worth signing him full time??? If we were going to sign him we should have paid fcuk all for him.

I cant understand why we have offerred a fee, its crazy. He should have been a free.

yep - Hume in for £500k with an additonal £250k if we go up (nice deal Tim, money is safe there) and Elvis has signed a 3 year deal for an intial £225k with some other potential fees.

All in all I am gutted. We have replaced a proven goalscorer with an almost unparalleld record at this level with someone unproven. Signing Hammond makes no difference at this time as he was here til xmas anyway.

£2m minus £750k for the signings. Where has the rest gone?

away for jaqnuary. theres only so much you can do in a day.

proven goalscorer= 17 goals in 48 games :018:

DurhamFox said:
£2m minus £750k for the signings. Where has the rest gone?

04.bentley.gt.500.jpg

I think my level of guttedness is fairly clear.

Proven goalscorer = 87 league goals from 200 appearances.

Money is no good to us in the bank when we cant spend it for 4 months.

Especially if we are close to the bottom at Christmas, where no striker of any quality would want to touch us with a ten ft pole!

This is piss poor!!!!:icon_sad:

overall his record is good but his record for us is not so impressive. hes scored four goals this season which is great however 3 of which were in one game.

i just think before people start slitting wrists we need to cghill our beans and wait and see

lako42 said:
overall his record is good but his record for us is not so impressive. hes scored four goals this season which is great however 3 of which were in one game.

i just think before people start slitting wrists we need to cghill our beans and wait and see

I think that is reasonably fair - but the spending of (for us) serious cash on Hammond is IMO absurd. He is a free transfer merchant - we had him on loan till Christmas - of course there was a chance that he might suddenly deliver (i.e. score goals) and his value increase - but how likely was that?

Agreed. While Elvis always seems to give 100%, he hasn't actually done anything yet. He just comes on for the last 15-20 minutes of a game and runs round slow tiring defenders. While he will probably improve over time and given the experience, I don;t know why we paid a fee for him

It stinks of desparation.

Levein didnt want to end up losing Hammond and having even less strikers come christmas when we are fighting for our lives.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
It stinks of desparation.

Levein didnt want to end up losing Hammond and having even less strikers come christmas when we are fighting for our lives.

To the extent that CL makes the real decisions - and I doubt whether he does, I suppose today is an extension of the policy of bringing in younger players on longer and cheaper contracts.

However, I can't believe that CL can be happy with today's business which in my view has seriously put at risk the club's tenure in the fizzy league.

You can't keep weakening the squad and not expect serious trouble.

I think most of us anticipated a season where we would be reasonably tight in defence but find it difficult to score sufficient goals to be viable challengers for the play offs. As it happens, so far the defence has looked wobbly and now we have sold our main striker to be replaced by a promising 21 year old and a Fulham reject who never scores.

Redditch Fox said:
To the extent that CL makes the real decisions - and I doubt whether he does, I suppose today is an extension of the policy of bringing in younger players on longer and cheaper contracts.

Basically what we have done is gone from one extreme to the other in the change of managers. I think what the club and maybe the manager fail to see was that 99.9% of fans just wanted a happy medium of experienced pro and up and coming young players. Not an ageing time that couldnt compete and not a team of teenagers who have just finished thier GCSE's.

Complete and utter fcuk up. If it all comes out rosy I will eat my hat and anyone elses going but I cant see anything other than impending doom.........

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
but I cant see anything other than impending doom.........
Selling DC has not decided our fate, it was written along time ago..

MKFox said:

Yeh your right. About the time we committed ourselves to building this fcuking stadium of ours.Blame O'Neill it was his frigging idea.

MKFox said:

You are loving all this 'Doom & Gloom' aren't you? Happy as a Pig in Shit you are ...;) :icon_lol:

im slightly bewildered by this signing to say the least, if he was 18 i could understand it a bit more because then there´d be much more of a case for saying yeh the kids got potential its worth a gamble but hes 24 and has never scored a professional goal.

there are only 2 explanations i can think of - it was a bit of a panic buy as some people have already said, levein was really worried we were going to lack cover but if that was the case then why let tommy wright go and we had hammond for 4 months anyway

the second one is that levein has been totally hooked on hammonds pace, levein gave a very frank down to earth interview a while back talking about the appalling lack of pace in the side last season and i wonder if it comes down to that

I don't really get this slating of Hammond's Signing.Before today he was being hailed as a decent young player who'd be unlucky not to score in his short time here now because of David Connollys departure he's worth feck all and we should have got him nothing...hardly fair really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69