End of Season 19/20 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaiSweetChilli

I reckon rather than a post match thread that this is better.

We did well to finish 5th over a whole season but it was a tale of two halves. Major downturn in form and when CL seemed all but guranteed we had a meltdown. Not enough from the players or the manager imo.

Momentum is everything for me. I hope we can have a top summer and stop the rut. Bring in some quality. We massively need a top skilful attacker who brings fear to the opposition lik Mahrez.

Shining light of this season for me is the development of Soyuncu. I think he is a top top defender and we'll be lucky to hold on to him to much longer.

Little old Leicester managed to finish 5th. Let’s forget the complete and utter bottle job.

We finished 5th, our highest Premier League finish (apart from THAT season).
We qualified for Europe.
Vardy won the golden boot.
We scored more away goals in one game than Derby managed throughout their entire season in the PL.

What a ****ing awful season.

We finished 5th, our highest Premier League finish (apart from THAT season).
We qualified for Europe.
Vardy won the golden boot.
We scored more away goals in one game than Derby managed throughout their entire season in the PL.

What a ****ing awful season.
You’d get on well with Brendan with a loser mentality like that.

Little old Leicester managed to finish 5th. Let’s forget the complete and utter bottle job.
Yes we did. And so have many teams before us. It's almost like you think we meant to do it.
Now calm down and enjoy the break.

The Gutless clueless coward presided over an absolute ****ing shower from Christmas onwards

Always, always will this be remembered for the hopeless , clueless cowardly way that we pissed away a massive fifteen point lead to finish four points behind the ****ers.

Chelsea FFS - absolute shit and ****ing finished third !

****ing hell, what a wasted six months of shit

It’s the Peter Taylor season all over again - next season could be a ****ing nightmare

One thing I've noticed is that over the last few years different managers have tried but all failed to implement a possession based approach.

It seems that we keep possession but can't take advantage of it and score goals. Ranieri changed it up in his 2nd season, Puel did and Rodgers too. But we end up having so much possession and little else. Is it that our players just aren't good enough to play like this?

All I can say is let's spend some ****ing money and show our ambition to improve... We've may not have got in the Champions League but we at least took Man U's Champions League money in exchange for a duffer at the back.

I know that we collapsed and crumbled. However we do have far less money, far less pull than the 4 teams who finished above us and that does make a difference to the quality of our overall squad. Imagine if we had better options on the bench.

Post match, BR was disappointed but also determined to make some good signings next season. We're not big enough to have good quality backups, content being back ups. But we also need to have better bench players than we do. It's a weird situation.

Either way, 5th place, silver lining.

Also, another stellar season for N'Ddidi.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/leices...kler-accolade-with/15j9pm4up51bm1btgk2mfxk23h

This is the third season in a row that he's finished top tackler and that's the first time in Premier League history that a player has done this thrice in a row. Retaining him should be one of our most important priorities this season.

In terms of tackles per minute on the pitch, he's clearly first. Ricardo finished third despite missing the last 8 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757