Engerland…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtue signalling wankers

If you really believe all that, pull out of it altogether you shower of cowardly twats

The most hollow attempt at a protest ever.

They should boycott it. This actively says ‘**** the victims, we just want to look cool’

The most hollow attempt at a protest ever.

They should boycott it. This actively says ‘**** the victims, we just want to look cool’

Its an appropriate football protest though. Like when man utd fans protest against the glazers every time they've got a Liverpool at home game by buying a ticket and watching the match but walk to the ground to let them know they're fummin.

This is the corporate equivalent of a vague Facebook status that the poster pretends to refuse to elaborate on in public but also adds enough information in the comments so that everyone knows exactly what drama is unfolding.

I wonder if they will actually be allowed to show "messages critical of Qatar" in the space vacated by kit sponsors. And Harry's "anti-discrimination armband"; will that be allowed?
It's all too little a lot too late. FIFA and Qatar should have been told to **** off from the outset. Mass withdrawal from the competition was always the only valid opposition to this farce. Trimming round the edges in the current fashion simply shows complicity in the whole rotten affair.

This is the corporate equivalent of a vague Facebook status that the poster pretends to refuse to elaborate on in public but also adds enough information in the comments so that everyone knows exactly what drama is unfolding.
100% This is the ‘u ok hun?’ of protests.

Feel like pure shit just wanna know all the slaves r ok :icon sad:

What will the TV companies do with regards to the advert lead ins and interstitials?

In Brazil they had Samba dancers, Russia was St Petersburg skylines, I can’t remember but I imagine Japan and S.Korea was a bloke in a Gi doing martial arts to some stereotypical wind instrument music.

Are they going to have a jokey sketch of an adulteress being flogged or an Indian slave having his passport ripped up? Soundtracked by some soulful Arabic chanting?

What will the TV companies do with regards to the advert lead ins and interstitials?

In Brazil they had Samba dancers, Russia was St Petersburg skylines, I can’t remember but I imagine Japan and S.Korea was a bloke in a Gi doing martial arts to some stereotypical wind instrument music.

Are they going to have a jokey sketch of an adulteress being flogged or an Indian slave having his passport ripped up? Soundtracked by some soulful Arabic chanting?
Shame on anybody who turns their set on to find out the answer!

I heard an interesting take from Gary Neville about how football should use it as an opportunity to get Qatar to change their ways. That'll work for certain....

I heard an interesting take from Gary Neville about how football should use it as an opportunity to get Qatar to change their ways. That'll work for certain....
That's Gary Neville's political message in a nutshell

****ing Nora :043:

I don’t know how the BBC along with other outlets like The Guardian, having spent years promoting women’s sport and devoting a huge amount of time to reporting racism in sport and LGBT visibility, can square that with reporting on this tournament.

Football has to exist in a context that makes it entertaining, if that makes sense. There’s a reason you don’t get as excited for a friendly as a cup game. They can’t just report on the football in a vacuum. It is happening because of corruption and greed and a flagrant disregard for human rights.

The ‘where do you think your petrol comes from’ argument is one you see a lot now. We’re talking about a football tournament here though. We can live without it and we should go without it in this case. Soft power is still power.

I remember BN posting his feelings about King Power and it actually caused me to do a bit of research and rethink my attitude towards them. Made me question the times I gladly scoffed a free bit of cake outside the stands and the grieving for the Thai king stuff which I’d written off as a bit weird and nothing more.

If we went the way of Newcastle that would be it for me and I think anyone who feels like that should boycott the tournament. It’s one thing to feel apathy for football and swerve it but it’s another to stick to your morals. I feel for the people who have no choice but to work on reporting or staging the tournament. I’d feel sick about it but you need to pay the bills.

Boycotting will have ZERO effect but you’ll be doing the right thing. It’s all we ****ing have sometimes.

I don’t know how the BBC along with other outlets like The Guardian, having spent years promoting women’s sport and devoting a huge amount of time to reporting racism in sport and LGBT visibility, can square that with reporting on this tournament.

Football has to exist in a context that makes it entertaining, if that makes sense. There’s a reason you don’t get as excited for a friendly as a cup game. They can’t just report on the football in a vacuum. It is happening because of corruption and greed and a flagrant disregard for human rights.

The ‘where do you think your petrol comes from’ argument is one you see a lot now. We’re talking about a football tournament here though. We can live without it and we should go without it in this case. Soft power is still power.

I remember BN posting his feelings about King Power and it actually caused me to do a bit of research and rethink my attitude towards them. Made me question the times I gladly scoffed a free bit of cake outside the stands and the grieving for the Thai king stuff which I’d written off as a bit weird and nothing more.

If we went the way of Newcastle that would be it for me and I think anyone who feels like that should boycott the tournament. It’s one thing to feel apathy for football and swerve it but it’s another to stick to your morals. I feel for the people who have no choice but to work on reporting or staging the tournament. I’d feel sick about it but you need to pay the bills.

Boycotting will have ZERO effect but you’ll be doing the right thing. It’s all we ****ing have sometimes.
Spot on. You're in a philosophical mood today eh Ted

Thanks to the money KP pay to get negative publicity removed from the internet, well done for digging sufficiently.

Thanks to the money KP pay to get negative publicity removed from the internet, well done for digging sufficiently.

This has got Infinity Rocket Plastics’ grubby fingerprints all over it.

Qatar.
The Home of Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371