England U'19s vs India U'19s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamworth Fox

I watched the 2 ODI on sky, i was delighted to see India have amass of talent in the U'19s, and was good to see them win 3-0. Anyone else watch any on the ODIs, what are your opinions on both teams?

jessel said:
Born in England, my parents, grandparents- where born in India.
Were your grandparents English born in India or Indian born in India.

Are you of Indian descent?

I am just curious as to why you would choose India over England.

Melton Fox said:
Were your grandparents English born in India or Indian born in India.

Are you of Indian descent?

I am just curious as to why you would choose India over England.

Basically im keeping tradition in my family by supporting India over England, i do want England to do well apart from when playing India (if thats any consolation)

My grand-parents where born in India- there parents where born in India- i dont no where there parents where born- i presume India. But basically i am classed as having - brown skin hence having parents/grandparent/great grandparents/ great great grandparent- i think:102: all born in India

Anyway how did you rate both sides?

Last edited:
Didn't see it.

Break tradition, get behind England :icon_wink

I saw a bit of the second game, I'm not sure what to make of it really, the teams were light years apart. I am unsure whether there is any value in England playing age group cricket because of the different cultures between countries. In England and Australia, players don't really tend to mature until their late 20s. They progress slowly through schools, clubs and then it is when they reach county/state cricket that they generally tend to improve quickly.

I think I'm right in saying that in India because of the poverty, education is less important and children have more time to play cricket, are better at a younger age etc. For example Tendulkar made his debut when he was 16. Harbajhan when he was 17 and another young spinner made his debut against England a few months ago aged 17. (Charla I think)

I saw the second match and England were thrashed.

I switched the third one on last night with about 10 overs to go and it looked like England would get another thrashing. Credit to the England bowlers and captain for keeping it tight right to the end though, and giving themselves a chance to get an unlikely win when they could have let their heads drop and accept it after already losing the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69