England v Pakistan ODI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Didn't think there would be much play today, however in what there as been England have managed to make another successful balls up.

40 over match.

England all out for 166.

Should be easy for Pakistan with such a strong batting line up.

john lewis early wicket....

'Never knowingly underbowled'

I don't get it? :(
The John Lewis logo:

nku.gif

Oh ok. I've never been to a John Lewis tbh. There isn't one in Leicester is there?

Hes bowled well today, 11/2 from 8 overs.

Did you hear Botham laying into Broad on commentry? FFS you twat, give him a break, its his first time at Lords and hes bowling into the wind. Still bowling more economically than Gough.

Last edited:
Oh ok. I've never been to a John Lewis tbh. There isn't one in Leicester is there?

Hes bowled well today, 11/2 from 8 overs.
There used to be one opposite Woolies a few years ago.

I don't think I've ever been in one, I spend a lot of time on the motorways and there lorries are all over the place with their logo on. I'm always surprised they don't hit the bridges they're that high

Last edited:
Another poor performance today. The bowlers didn't really have a chance.

Broad's figures weren't very good but funnily enough he admits himself that he bowls better on dryer pitches and not in the seaming conditions.

I think they only have the Tuesday match before they have to pick the Champions Trophy squad this week. It's pretty much pot luck about who will be joining Harmy and Freddie isn't it? Lewis bowled well, but that's what you'd expect from his type of bowling today. Won't work in Asia.

The worrying thing imo is that we are not even competing in these games. Make no mistake we are being thrashed by just about everyone and theres no sign of improvment. Nobody seems capable of building an innings and sometimes you have to question the mentality of some of our batsman. For instance KP comes into bat when we are struggling at around 20 for 2. At that time we still had another 40 overs (before D/L method). Why does he feel the need to be so dominant when batting? It seems to me that this is costing him his wicket on a more regular basis now. Against the Aussies in the Ashes series he did play one or two restrained innings before launching into their attack. It seems now that he has created his own nemesis and go's on the attack from his first ball. Imo hes got great talent and i'd like to see him play himself in a bit before trying to knock every ball out the ground.

Another defeat tonight. At least they posted a reasonable total, but it never looked like quite enough against Pakistans strong batting line up. We really could do with FF back.

Well England were doing superbly in this one but Lewis and Mahmood just conceded 40 off the last 2 overs, including 4 sixes. Broady bowled the 46th over and conceded one run.

Mahmood just hasn't got the control needed for ODIs and has proved it all summer. He surely can't go to the Champions Trophy.

I went to the game today. Quite a poor game, I was looking for a more competitive game but England wiped the floor with Pakistan.

Good bowling up front from the seam bowlers to take a few early wickets and then we put on the squeeze with our two slow bowlers. We should have never let them get past 180, I couldn't believe what was happening in the last 4 overs. Fair play to Razzaq it was a great knock but poor bowling and captaincy. I don't understand why he took Broad off at the end after he had just taken a wicket or why he gave Pietersen a bowl.

Strauss and Bell played well and our win was never in any doubt past the 20th over. Pakistan are terrible in the field, which will probably stop them becoming real world cup contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69