Match Thread England V Uruguay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will win. There's no way Suarez can be 100% fit so soon after his operation and if he plays I can see an Atletico/Costa situation similar to the Champions league Final. Play like we did against Italy and we have more than enough quality to beat these.

Uruguay are a poor mans Argentina, great in attack and very average in defence.

Come on Woy and the Boys!

Last edited:
I hope we win. My kids are beginning to get into it and so it would be good for England to stay in the competition a bit longer. I'm really enjoying the fact that they're looking forward to tonight's game.

They've got plenty of time for the crushing disappointment that awaits them as Leicester and England fans, so here's to a couple of wins at least in the meantime.

I hope we win. My kids are beginning to get into it and so it would be good for England to stay in the competition a bit longer. I'm really enjoying the fact that they're looking forward to tonight's game.

They've got plenty of time for the crushing disappointment that awaits them as Leicester and England fans, so here's to a couple of wins at least in the meantime.

Best to crush any burgeoning affection they have for the England team as quickly as possible, surely?

Best to crush any burgeoning affection they have for the England team as quickly as possible, surely?

The first tournament that I can properly remember getting into was Mexico '86. We lost the first game, then managed to get through the group. A good win vs Paraguay, followed by a crushing disappointment and feeling of being hard done by in the quarters. That would do me, they can enjoy a couple of wins and then learn what being a supporter is all about, when it all ends in tears.

Having said that, that's what I hope will happen. What I think will happen is that we'll get beaten tonight and be out of the tournament with a game to spare.

What I think will happen is that we'll get beaten tonight and be out of the tournament with a game to spare.

We can't be knocked out tonight. And if we do lose tonight, and Italy beat Costa Rica tomorrow, it will go down to the final match. We could end up with three teams on three points.

The following results would see us qualify in second place:

Italy 2 England 1
Costa Rica 3 Uruguay 1

Uruguay 1 England 0
Italy 2 Costa Rica 0

England 2 Costa Rica 0
Italy 1 Uruguay 0

team i like, forster, shaw, cahill, jagielka, johnson, sterling wilshire gerrard barkley, sturridge, rooney,,, team he will pick hart, baines, cahill, jagielka, johnson, rooney, henderson, gerrard, sterling, barkley, sturridge. 2-1 england! sturridge, cahill.

I wonder where we'll put Rooney so he doesn't have to be dropped. Perhaps we could stick him in goal?

I wonder where we'll put Rooney so he doesn't have to be dropped. Perhaps we could stick him in goal?

Why would we drop someone who is:

A) one of a very few world class players we have?
B) has a scoring ratio of 50%?

I'll be happy if he proves me wrong but

A) he's been consistently shit in these tournament games.
B) he's a mardy half arsed ****

He's not world class. He's never achieved on the world stage and he's hardly been in demand from world class teams. If he was that good, another top team would have snapped him up during one of his many tantrums when he demanded a transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363