England vs Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

If England play like this then we are screwed, there were so many players under performing tonight. Beckham says its down to tiredness, shite excuse yet again, normally the hectic premier schedule gets the blame, but beckham isnt even here anymore.

Players i think should be dropped:

Ashley cole for Bridge, cole did ok to recover from the numerous occasions he was out of position, bridge is the safer bet.

Scholes out, good player in terrible form, first touch, shooting tackling, passing all very poor, get rid till he turns it round.

James for walker, couldnt hold on to the most straight forward of shots, will get found out against a decent team. As for the megs!!! :oops:

My first team against france would be:

Walker

G.Neville Campbell Terry Bridge

Gerrard

Beckham Lampard

Rooney

Owen Heskey

What do you think?

First of all, there is no chance that Walker will play. It's a shame because James is a liability IMO.

The problem lies within the diamond formation we're playing. Defensively, it's a formation in where we will get exposed. Because we don't have any width in midfield as a result of Beckham and Gerrard cutting inside, the onus is on the full backs to push forward and provide service.

The problem in this means then when the full backs are pushed forward, we leave ourselves exposed down the flanks. Also, it means that with the diamond formation in midfield, they don't all push back to help defend as a unit, and this was typically exposed by Japan when Beckham didn't track back and cover.

I think after this, Lampard will be sacrificed for Butt to provide some defensive solidity. So the team lining up against France will be the one that started tonight, but will Butt in that holding role. The French will murder us if Sven think the diamond formation is the way forward. I know he's looking to utilise the quality we have in midfield, but it simply doesn't work. We need to play with a flat midfield 4, and get Beckham and Gerrard to be more disciplined in staying wider and getting closer to the byeline to put crosses in.

I think gerrard on the left is a waste of talent but i agree with more defensive players needed, i dont think butt is up to it. Maybe hargreaves could be better?

Just please no more phil neville :cry:

No to Hargreaves, must be one of the most over rated players in the squad. He offers us nothing, except for a bit of energy in midfield. He doesn't do anything with the ball as it's sideway and backward passing.

My Side...

Goalkeeper - Paul Robinson
Rightback - Nicky Hunt
Leftback - Matthew Upson
Centreback - John Terry
Centreback - Sol Campbell
Left Winger - Matthew Taylor
Right Winger - David Beckham
Centre Midfield - Steven Gerrard
Centre Midfield - Frank Lampard
Striker - Michael Owen
Striker - James Beattie

Craig said:
My Side...

Rightback - Nicky Hunt
Leftback - Matthew Upson
Centreback - John Terry
Striker - Michael Owen
Striker - James Beattie

Horrible stuff.......

Scowcroft said:
Craig said:
My Side...

Rightback - Nicky Hunt
Leftback - Matthew Upson
Centreback - John Terry
Striker - Michael Owen
Striker - James Beattie

Horrible stuff.......
How'd you work that out? :?

Goalkeeper - Paul Robinson - Everyone knows that he's our best goalkeeper
Rightback - Nicky Hunt - Bets rightback we have, been impressed with him every time ive seen him
Leftback - Matthew Upson - Class.
Centreback - John Terry - Solid, gives his all and is a good leader
Centreback - Sol Campbell - Once again, solid and is a great leader with a vast amount of experience
Left Winger - Matthew Taylor - Young, quick, tricky, left footed and can put a killing ball in. Perfect, just what we need.
Right Winger - David Beckham - Need i say more
Centre Midfield - Steven Gerrard - Best player we have.
Centre Midfield - Frank Lampard - What a player he'd been, can provide that moment of excellence that will win matches
Striker - Michael Owen - Must be picked, best striker we have.
Striker - James Beattie - Will work well. Rooney's too small and two small strikers dont work together

Craig said:
Scowcroft said:
Craig said:
My Side...

Rightback - Nicky Hunt
Leftback - Matthew Upson
Centreback - John Terry
Striker - Michael Owen
Striker - James Beattie

Horrible stuff.......

Rightback - Nicky Hunt - Bets rightback we have, been impressed with him every time ive seen him
Centreback - Sol Campbell - Once again, solid and is a great leader with a vast amount of experience
Left Winger - Matthew Taylor - Young, quick, tricky, left footed and can put a killing ball in. Perfect, just what we need.
Centre Midfield - Frank Lampard - What a player he'd been, can provide that moment of excellence that will win matches
Striker - James Beattie - Will work well. Rooney's too small and two small strikers dont work together

Walker and James are better than Robinson, easily.

Nicky Hunt isn't that good, and Neville has international experience and links well with Beckham down the right flank.

Matthew Upson is not international class, has got exposed many a time playing for England.

I would rather play Bridge or Cole instead of Taylor.

Beattie? Again, he is not international class. I would have Heskey or Rooney ahead of him.

Scowcroft said:
Craig said:
Scowcroft said:
Craig said:
My Side...

Rightback - Nicky Hunt
Leftback - Matthew Upson
Centreback - John Terry
Striker - Michael Owen
Striker - James Beattie

Horrible stuff.......

Walker and James are better than Robinson, easily.

Nicky Hunt isn't that good, and Neville has international experience and links well with Beckham down the right flank.

Matthew Upson is not international class, has got exposed many a time playing for England.

I would rather play Bridge or Cole instead of Taylor.

Beattie? Again, he is not international class. I would have Heskey or Rooney ahead of him.
Ok, we'll play the same team that couldn't beat a bunch of inexperienced, lacklustre semi professionals - and i'm not only talking about tonights match!

Scowcroft said:
Craig said:
My Side...

Rightback - Nicky Hunt
Leftback - Matthew Upson
Centreback - John Terry
Striker - Michael Owen
Striker - James Beattie

Horrible stuff.......

...the stuff the French dream of.

We will do well at Euro 2004 and we will definately beat France I guarantee you that. The diamond formation is crap, why do we stick with it? I think Defoe needs to be drafted in to the squad instead of Vassell, he just isn't the player he was a few years ago.

My team would be: 4-4-2

WALKER

NEVILLE
TERRY
CAMPBELL
COLE/BRIDGE

BECKHAM
SCHOLES
GERRARD
JOE COLE

OWEN
ROONEY

My team would just be the leicester one cos thats the only way i would ever support England, i couldnt give a flying **** how they do, they mean nothing to me.

rotherhamfox said:
My team would just be the leicester one cos thats the only way i would ever support England, i couldnt give a flying **** how they do, they mean nothing to me.

Surprising, won't you be fired up down the pub for it then?

I was at last night's match, and they did look tired in the second half, something you don't necessarily see on TV because you don't see the off the ball running (or lack of it).

But for the frst half hour England looked really good, and if they can play like that for 90 minutes they could give anyone a decent game.

I'd drop Rooney though. He looked knackered (or just lazy?) after half an hour and didn't do a thing for the rest of the match, every time England broke forward he was 20 yards behind the play.

webmaster said:
I was at last night's match, and they did look tired in the second half, something you don't necessarily see on TV because you don't see the off the ball running (or lack of it).

But for the frst half hour England looked really good, and if they can play like that for 90 minutes they could give anyone a decent game.

I'd drop Rooney though. He looked knackered (or just lazy?) after half an hour and didn't do a thing for the rest of the match, every time England broke forward he was 20 yards behind the play.

You going on saturday? I hate the diamond formation, do we play that? Basically it's to try and accomadate 4 central midfielder, which is shocking. Shaun Wright-Phillips should play and we should have wing-backs.

Malf said:
rotherhamfox said:

Surprising, won't you be fired up down the pub for it then?

Certainly not couldnt give two rats asses how England do to be honest.

I didnt see the match, what happened? Did we play good?

buzzer_b said:
I didnt see the match, what happened? Did we play good?
first 35minutes yer great but for the rest of the game we was orville :roll: Typical England though

webmaster said:
I'd drop Rooney though. He looked knackered (or just lazy?) after half an hour and didn't do a thing for the rest of the match

He was full up because of all the pre-match pies he ate .......... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758