Englands performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malf

Cracking result for the boys last night, but taking away the result the performance wasn't the best. I am pleased we stuck with the standard 4-4-2, even though they had trained all week adopting the diamond formation and this showed in some of the passing and positional play. Wayne Rooney is just a phenomenon, he is so much better in an england shirt than he is when playing for a piss poor everton. I think we are close to firing on all cylinders, we just need to move up a gear. Owen is out of sorts, but he'll produce the minerals when needed trust me, Vassell looks sharp when he comes on though. David James has got to go, he is dodgyto say le liste. John Terry looked good at the back, a touch rusty but that's understandable.

I think we can obliterate Croatia, get another early goal and get some slick passing going and we are on are way boys

Yer, we played pretty dreadfully really but won whereas we played shit hot against the froggies and got beat! Funny old game.

Good useage of the "to say le liste" Malfy, you little ripper. I love that I do, I'm still blind drunk and people are cottoning on and laughing at me. HAHAHAA!

Owen set up the crucial first goal wonderfully. I thought that he had messed around with it too much but then an exquisite pass to fat boy and 1-0

HE'S FAT, HE'S SCOUSE, HE'LL ROB YOUR FECKING HOUSE, WAYNE ROONEY, WAYNE ROONEY! repeat to fade

i made the song up so use it.

Fox

Joe_Fox said:
Yer, we played pretty dreadfully really but won whereas we played shit hot against the froggies and got beat! Funny old game.

Good useage of the "to say le liste" Malfy, you little ripper. I love that I do, I'm still blind drunk and people are cottoning on and laughing at me. HAHAHAA!

Owen set up the crucial first goal wonderfully. I thought that he had messed around with it too much but then an exquisite pass to fat boy and 1-0

HE'S FAT, HE'S SCOUSE, HE'LL ROB YOUR FECKING HOUSE, WAYNE ROONEY, WAYNE ROONEY! repeat to fade

i made the song up so use it.

Fox

Cracking song, great cross by Owen. I would never write Owen off he'll just come back and haunt you.

I made the song last night...... Shove your cuckoos up your arse, up your arse, shove your cuckoos up your arse

I made a similar one.

To the tune of 10 green bottles.

"You can take your cuckoo clocks and shove them up yer ass, you can take your pen knifes, shove em up your ass, and your toblerone too you dirty swiss c*nts, shove em up the ass, shove it hard you knob."

I know i know, it goes shit at the end but I am drunk.

Joe_Fox said:
I made a similar one.

"You can take your cuckoo clocks and shove them up yer ass, you can take your pen knifes, shove em up your ass, and your toblerone too you dirty swiss c*nts, shove em up the ass, shove it hard you knob."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shove your Va Va Voom up yer arse............. Thierry is gonna get some abuse when we play them in the final

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
I made a similar one.

Shove your Va Va Voom up yer arse............. Thierry is gonna get some abuse when we play them in the final

France are shit, I can't beleive they beat us, I think Switzerland were better than them to be honest. I like the grunge goalie, great header for the second goal. :lol:

Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
I made a similar one.

France are shit, I can't beleive they beat us, I think Switzerland were better than them to be honest. I like the grunge goalie, great header for the second goal. :lol:

The swiss goal keeper reminds me of the Monk from Mean Machine.

trickytrev said:
Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
I made a similar one.

The swiss goal keeper reminds me of the Monk from Mean Machine.

Yeh he does yeh, quality film Mean Machine. 'you wont be able to blow your ****in nose wen theyve finished with you'.

i'd drop owen for vassell next game.

Scowcroft said:
MKFox said:
i'd drop owen for vassell next game.

I would agree with that. Vassel is more assertive.

I'd have to agree with that too, but it's not going to happen :(

Vassell can hold it up better, dribble with it better and is just as quick as Owen at the moment. To me it just seems to make sense that he should be given a chance.

You can't drop Owen. The guy's a prolific striker for every team he plays for. He'll bag a goal tonight.

Drop Owen?? I'll drop you from where your standing if you aint careful! Michael Owen is a big game player, there is no-one in the world that is better at nicking you a goal or two when you need it most. All he needs is one goal and he'll be buzzing again, fair enough Vassell looks good at the minute, but Owen has been out of sorts and still playing a huge part. His assist for Rooney's opener against the Swiss was a cracking bit of play, Owen's goal tonight will shut you buggers up I will have a cock and hen on it.

drop owen for vassell tonight.
give him 20 minutes at the end after vassell has run the back 4 ragged.
they're all big games in this competition and to not play the player most in form (DV) would be a strange choice.

Yes but to play the player who has scored twice as many international goals as any other player in the squad also makes sense.

Also I think he has socred abotu 100 more league goals than any other player in the squad apart from Scholesy who must have a few.

Fornmer European footballer of the year, cosistenly one of the top scorers in the premiership, even in shit seasons liek this one, multiple trophy winner all sounds far more impressive than 'can run bloody fast'. Which is th eonly arguement for Darius Vassel.

dv just looks more up for it at the moment.
owen can't have achieved all he has if he wasn't an awsome player, which he obviously is.
give him the last 20 and he won't be concerned with having to pace himself as much as he appears to.

MKFox said:
dv just looks more up for it at the moment.
owen can't have achieved all he has if he wasn't an awsome player, which he obviously is.
give him the last 20 and he won't be concerned with having to pace himself as much as he appears to.

All the 3's for MK 3333 freaky.

Owen will score tonight and then MK you will have to say it was the right option to start Owen. If he doesn't score tonight, perhaps he should be dropped, but he will score. You can never keep a good man down.

hope you're right malfy! hope he puts in the performance of the competition. just think by having him as a sub will take the pressure off him. maybe we're expecting a bit too much of him.

MKFox said:
hope you're right malfy! hope he puts in the performance of the competition. just think by having him as a sub will take the pressure off him. maybe we're expecting a bit too much of him.

It takes a foreigner to realise how good Owen is. We take him for granted and don't realise how good he is, but foreigners are amazed by him. Like we are with certain players abroad, Owen is a fantastic player IMO injuries and confidence let him down but he still has a cracking scoring record.

Let's hope he does put in a performance tonight - It's certainly overdue, he wasn't that impressive in the warm up games either. I suppose one of the reasons why Rooney is doing so well is because Owen creates space for him. Defenders are shit scared of Owen and his pace, so defenders pay him alot of attention, which means Rooney drops deep to pick up the ball and cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757