Enjoyable matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smashing Millwall on a school night 4-0 was nice. Can't remember the year, early 90s?
Have you enjoyed any other games in the last 30 years?

It was all a lot easier back in the long gone days. It only cost a couple of quid, you could decide to go on the day & pay on the gate. Most games kicked off at the same times so you could easily plan around it. It fitted in with your life. Same went for going out for a drink. Nowadays you need to take out a loan to have a night out in a city centre. Entertainment used to be cheap but then they decided to make it into an "experience" & prices went throught he roof. Which is why all the pubs have shut & you can't move for ****ing coffee shops.

Live music? Jesus ****ing Christ don't get me started.

It's not just football. It's everything. No wonder staying at home watching streaming & playing games is so popular.

Football itself is like looking at photos of ex girlfriends from your 20s. You're never having that again. Just be thankful for the memories.

I still enjoy going to games and I think I always will. It doesn't mean that I don't get childishly moody at times when we lose but I can wash it off quickly enough.

I think, for me, it's because I've always reminded myself that it is, after all, a game; a piece of entertainment. I enjoy it like I enjoy going to the cinema or going to watch a play. I don't invest anymore of my emotions into it than I do with those things.

I guess for me, winning the league wasn't a peak, it was just a brilliant experience. Did I think I'd feel that again? No, but then the FA Cup win happened with Chilwell being denied that last minute equaliser... another climax in another narrative arc. I'm certain there will be others but patience is required and I suppose I'm just okay with waiting.

Maybe that answers my inability to get so panicked by our form. I don't think we'll go down but if we do, so what? Yes, for me, I want us to be playing in the top flight for years to come and I don't think going down will be a good thing in any way shape or form but it won't be the end of anything other than this top-flight journey. There will be others in time.

I think as we get older we become more apathetic towards some things because they have a different effect on us, and it's much, much easier to blame the thing than it is to become somewhat introspective. Priorities change; partners, children, new jobs etc... all come into our lives and we begin to see the world around us with views afresh. For me, this has led to a different relationship with sport but I still enjoy it, just not in the same way.

The biggest problem for me with our pending relegation is that the ground will stay the same size. If/when we do get back to the prem we'll have the same situation of closing out generations of fans who don't have a membership if there's good times. Not sure how getting relegated makes any sense commercially.

The biggest problem for me with our pending relegation is that the ground will stay the same size. If/when we do get back to the prem we'll have the same situation of closing out generations of fans who don't have a membership if there's good times. Not sure how getting relegated makes any sense commercially.
Yes, the championship were t the good old days, it was still second tier, and for the most part -shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263