Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why PL clubs are in the League Cup. It's not our trophy. FL clubs should compete for it. Obviously it also shouldn't have a place in europe attached too.

I also don't see why the team that win the FA Cup should get a place in europe.

In the PL, the top four should get CL and the next three the EL. Job done.

I don't actually object to the new european tournament because one effect of it is to reduce the size of the EL.

What we need to do is get more of the better 'non big six' clubs into regular european competition. That would improve the PL.

If City are not in europe, the domestic cups are important. If we're in europe, I really couldn't care less about them. I hope Arsenal knock us out next week.

Agreed. We won't be in Europe every year yet. Prioritise cups in years we're not.

Don't agree on not offering European plans for cup wins though; that's often the best route in for a non 'big 6' club

The last time a team outside the big six won a cup was in 2013 when Wigan won the FA cup. Swansea won the League cup the same year.

That is a little sad. Modern football is rubbish.

OK, didn't know that, they could of postponed it for another year or until Fans can actually go
If we’re not up and running normally by July 2021 a lot of things will have to be reconsidered. Can’t say I’d be all that upset about missing out on a trip to Armenia.

I don't understand why PL clubs are in the League Cup. It's not our trophy. FL clubs should compete for it. Obviously it also shouldn't have a place in europe attached too.

I also don't see why the team that win the FA Cup should get a place in europe.

In the PL, the top four should get CL and the next three the EL. Job done.

I don't actually object to the new european tournament because one effect of it is to reduce the size of the EL.

What we need to do is get more of the better 'non big six' clubs into regular european competition. That would improve the PL.

If City are not in europe, the domestic cups are important. If we're in europe, I really couldn't care less about them. I hope Arsenal knock us out next week.
I think the reasoning is that the smaller clubs get a lot of money (for them) from playing the big teams and it's seen as a way of supporting the lower division teams, I don't know if it's still true though.

I suppose it also has a pretty big influence on what they can charge for TV rights to the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757