European Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point I read about the consequences of reducing the PL to 18 clubs.

Last season, that would have seen West Ham and Villa relegated for finishing 16th and 17th. They could both finish in European places this season.

Yes, the PL always tends to contain some poor teams each season, but having 20 teams enables some to hang in there through a downturn and come back stronger.

I can't see this ever being agreed by the PL majority. The only way it would work is to expand the PL to two divisions which would entail the PL sides relinquishing much more money.

There's a picture going round SM of his car at Kilworth Springs. Footballers really are ****wits. Why not take the motor that doesn't have the personalised reg plate ffs
Don't think you'd fit the golf clubs in the boot of the Lamborghini.

Don't think you'd fit the golf clubs in the boot of the Lamborghini.
I’m fairly sure he has a big black Rangey because he nearly crashed into me on a roundabout off the A46 once.

Five English clubs are among 11 European teams who have signed up to a breakaway Super League in an extraordinary development on the eve of Uefa’s announcement of a new Champions League format.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have signed up to the breakaway plan with only Manchester City among the Big Six yet to do so, sources with knowledge of the development have told The Times

Five English clubs are among 11 European teams who have signed up to a breakaway Super League in an extraordinary development on the eve of Uefa’s announcement of a new Champions League format.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have signed up to the breakaway plan with only Manchester City among the Big Six yet to do so, sources with knowledge of the development have told The Times

May the worst befall the lot of them.

I hope they have to leave the Premier League as part of it. I genuinely think it would be a mistake and I’d hate for them to have both.

I’m leaning over my skies a bit here but I’d expect threat of expulsion from FIFA, UEFA and domestic competitions for all clubs and players will have to be the next strategic step.

More than anything else it’d be a poor product that even fans of the clubs would balk at, I think.

Tottenham.......

If Tottenham can sell Kane and invest wisely as they did with Bale I could see them being a less laughable prospect. Arsenal on the other hand can't even fork out to get a manager.

Good.

Wouldn't give two shits.

I think it's definitely going to happen at some point, at which point hopefully it'll come crashing down due to being a bit shit.

If Tottenham can sell Kane and invest wisely as they did with Bale I could see them being a less laughable prospect. Arsenal on the other hand can't even fork out to get a manager.
Not a good time to be selling players for big money

I hope we can get this ratified ASAP

I hope we can get this ratified ASAP
The year is 2025. The european super league, after much hype, is dissolved. Each of its constituent teams has gone out of business. Turns out no one actually wants to watch 0-0 matches between Chelsea and Atletico madrid. Leicester have just won their second premier league title and third fa cup. Plastic fans turn their attention back to the premier league and Wolves become the biggest team in England.

Leicester are relegated in the following season.

Go Rio. Talking lots of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758