European Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans hold the power.

Most supporters of the 'big six' in this country seem to be against the idea. Obviously, most supporters of other clubs are too.

If fans agreed to boycott it and cancel subscriptions to any channel that bought the rights, it would be a pitiful failure.

Clubs always think that they are in charge but they are wrong. Were Leicester to be invited to join such a league (which of course we wouldn't) I'd quit supporting them straightaway.

Well. International competition is going to be an irrelevant joke after the next 2 farcical world cups anyway so i'd imagine the next generation of star players won't give a ****.

Since the above has gone quiet, my brothers and I discussed how you could transform (not that it necessarily needed it) the European competitions as a compromise to the 'elite' clubs and 'allow' clubs like ours to take part with a genuine chance of having some success - we came up with this.

Ten divisions of 11 teams.
Ten games, 5 home, 5 away.
Top five divisions - 2 promoted, 2 relegated.
Division 6, 2 promoted, 3 relegated.
Division 7, 3 promoted, 3 relegated.
Division 8, 3 promoted, 4 relegated.
Division 9, 4 promoted, 5 relegated.
Division 10, 5 promoted, 6 relegated.

First qualification.
Division 1 - the 8 Champions league q/f the previous season, the 2 europa league finalists, plus the highest ranking domestic champions not already included.
Division 2 - the 8 teams that were knocked out of the champions league prior to the q/f, the 2 other europa league semi-finalists plus the next best domestic champions.
And so on according to Uefa standings.

The 6 teams relegated from division ten, replaced by the highest ranking and/or cup winning domestic clubs not already part of the league.

The reason its not an even number teams per division is because you couldn't play home and away X 11, too many games. You'd then need a small division of 6? but then you'd have 20 divisions........
The reason why theres so many promoted and relegated in the lower divisions, we thought to make it interesting, similarly to the ply-offs.
There is one huge problem though, the later games, especially in the top five divisions, could be nothing to play for.

Since the above has gone quiet, my brothers and I discussed how you could transform (not that it necessarily needed it) the European competitions as a compromise to the 'elite' clubs and 'allow' clubs like ours to take part with a genuine chance of having some success - we came up with this.

First qualification.
Division 1 - the 8 Champions league q/f the previous season, the 2 europa league finalists, plus the highest ranking domestic champions not already included.
Division 2 - the 8 teams that were knocked out of the champions league prior to the q/f, the 2 other europa league semi-finalists plus the next best domestic champions.

The 6 teams relegated from division ten, replaced by the highest ranking and/or cup winning domestic clubs not already part of the league.

The reason its not an even number teams per division is because you couldn't play home and away X 11, too many games. You'd then need a small division of 6? but then you'd have 20 divisions........
The reason why theres so many promoted and relegated in the lower divisions, we thought to make it interesting, similarly to the ply-offs.
There is one huge problem though, the later games, especially in the top five divisions, could be nothing to play for.
Absolutely horrible from top to bottom. For just about every reason imaginable.

Why are you scared?
Turning it into a replica of football at home with tonnes of divisions completely removes the fact that it's a reward for doing well in your domestic league. Instead of being something you can exit very easily after a bad season it's now just something that plods along constantly alongside domestic leagues.

The format is fine as it is. Knockout football is exciting and a nice change of pace from the league. Away goals are exciting. The greedy teams should be told to get ****ed.

Turning it into a replica of football at home with tonnes of divisions completely removes the fact that it's a reward for doing well in your domestic league. Instead of being something you can exit very easily after a bad season it's now just something that plods along constantly alongside domestic leagues.

The format is fine as it is. Knockout football is exciting and a nice change of pace from the league. Away goals are exciting. The greedy teams should be told to get ****ed.
If you aint good enough, you will leave X6. Which elite club doesn't enter european competition year in year out?

But its semi-knockout. Should we go back to the original knockout competition? Leicester are an elite club now, just about, should we lock in our status so that its gaurenteed for a few decades, or run the risk of having a bad season and back in the championship dolldrums wishing we'd have cashed in?

If you aint good enough, you will leave X6. Which elite club doesn't enter european competition year in year out?

But its semi-knockout. Should we go back to the original knockout competition? Leicester are an elite club now, just about, should we lock in our status so that its gaurenteed for a few decades, or run the risk of having a bad season and back in the championship dolldrums wishing we'd have cashed in?
So ruin the game for everyone for short-term gain? Are you Phil Gartside?

First qualification.

You lost me at 10 divisions with 11 teams

What don't you like about our suggestion?
I think I'd rather play dominoes on the porch than take a 50-mile trip for dinner. I was just wondering how big your 'committee' was.

Why are you scared?
Well, let’s dissect it.
Already, I’m out. As if ten divisions wasn’t enough, you have an odd number in each. Notwithstanding your justification below, this is just not how professional football leagues should operate, ever. How and why did you arrive at 110 teams?
Hmm, pretty thick layer of protection for the top teams there. Are these just random numbers? Can they be renegotiated?

What you haven’t explained is why any of this is happening in the first place. Why are we overhauling European football for this convoluted Football Manager download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757