European Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheeky bastards: "But the likelihood is two of the places will be given as 'wildcards' - with England likely to benefit from an additional fifth place - which could be decided on co-efficient."
Yep, that’s the bit that stood out to me.

The instant any criteria other than winning football matches gets you qualified for stuff this game is finished. ****ing ludicrous shit.

If we get a 5th spot can you imagine a team finishing 5th in the Prem & watching Spurs or Arsenal finish 7th & waltz into the CL?

**** off.

The instant any criteria other than winning football matches gets you qualified for stuff this game is finished. ****ing ludicrous shit.

If we get a 5th spot can you imagine a team finishing 5th in the Prem & watching Spurs or Arsenal finish 7th & waltz into the CL?

**** off.
7th would be generous.

7th would be generous.
The entire ridiculous mess is all about being generous. Generous to fat, rich under achievers with a massive sense of entitlement. So pretty much in line with the rest of the modern world I guess.

The entire ridiculous mess is all about being generous. Generous to fat, rich under achievers with a massive sense of entitlement. So pretty much in line with the rest of the modern world I guess.
Somebody's cranky today

Not inaccurate.. but still cranky

I've read this three times now and I still cannot get my head around it.

Why would UEFA or any league support it? It's nonsensical.
To avoid losing control altogether?

Because it would stop the top clubs from breaking away to form their own league.

Which is the same empty threat they churn out every few years. They're not interested in breaking away, they just want more money.

Why would the rich clubs in England gamble away their TV money on this? It's a roll of the dice that doesn't make sense.

Anyway, the PL would immediately reject any attempt to reduce the league to 18. Turkey's don't vote for Xmas.

And that's just here. Surely similar obstacles exist in many leagues.

Why would UEFA or any major league support something that is obviously against their interests? This makes sense for a handful of clubs in Italy and Spain mainly. It benefits nobody else.

I meant that if Arsenal finish 15th they’d still get the spot.

We agree on the content of this post.

Watching Psg vs Barca.....would there really be a market for this turgid shit more often? Honestly it's soo ****ing shit so far. Stick Pulis in charge.

The bundesliga must be absolute toilet if its second best team is letting Liverpool walk all over them

The bundesliga must be absolute toilet if its second best team is letting Liverpool walk all over them
Yep, it is. It’s great fun going to the matches, but the quality outside of Bayern is appalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757