European Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whitewash has begun. Gary Neville and others who insisted on immediate punishment of the big six are now mysteriously quiet. Sky is pushing home the idea that the clubs had nothing to do with it and it was just the mean old owners, who also can't be blamed too much because they "didn't know what they were signing up for" (by signing a contract to be involved). It's all over, we came together as fans and won! Now let's get back to the premier league that they have an unfair advantage in and stop complaining while they reform the champions league to be even less fair.

The whitewash has begun. Gary Neville and others who insisted on immediate punishment of the big six are now mysteriously quiet. Sky is pushing home the idea that the clubs had nothing to do with it and it was just the mean old owners, who also can't be blamed too much because they "didn't know what they were signing up for" (by signing a contract to be involved). It's all over, we came together as fans and won! Now let's get back to the premier league that they have an unfair advantage in and stop complaining while they reform the champions league to be even less fair.

Yep

Look over here at this really really bad thing. Let’s unite together in a glorious fight and kill it off

Hurray we did it, everything is great again

And let’s all quietly ignore that other really really bad thing that went through on the nod on Monday whilst we were obsessively looking elsewhere, and also forget the fact that football is being slowly ****ed over a little bit more year after year after year - because we all beat this evil thing together

False flag

So the "greediest 6" didn't get their way but they have managed to sneak in a by into the champions league from 2024.

Watch the team that finishes 4th lose there place in the the champions league to Tottenham or Arsenal who finish 10th.

The fans shut down one bunch of corrupt wankers to let another bunch of corrupt wankers help the greedy clubs anyway, funny old game.

Last edited:
So the "greediest 6" didn't get their way but they have managed to sneak in a by into the champions league from 2024.

Watch the team that finishes 4th lose there place in the the champions league to Tottenham or Arsenal who finish 10th.

The fans shut down one bunch of corrupt wankers to let another bunch of correct wankers help the greedy clubs anyway, funny old game.
It would be an extra place, I believe, rather than replacing the 4th place team.

If we had done this could you imagine the sanctions!

Luton Town had 30 points deducted for breach of conduct back in 2008 I think. Not a hint of any sanction at the moment for all out mutiny. These ****s should be disqualified from all competitions this season with no prize money. They need a very stern lesson.

My prediction is this won't go ahead, but something will change. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop the PL down to 18 teams, using the extra time allowed to have a summer international league similar to that one we were in when we won the PL.
I didn't expect to to be right quite so quickly

I didn't expect to to be right quite so quickly

Must be true if it's in The Sun then.

If either of those scabby little pub teams want to come down they can start in the bottom tier of the pyramid like everyone else.

Rangers have already done it up there so at least they'll have experience on their side.

Went out of business, ceased to exist, had to start back at the bottom... & still managed to get back to being national champions in only a decade. Shows what an embarrassing pile of steaming shite that joke of a league is.

They can take the AFC Wimbledon route or **** off.

Also, with all the focus on action against racism in the game is it really a good idea to import 300 year old sectarian bigotry to go along with it? **** off to that too. Leave it on the streets of ****ing Glasgow. Nobody else gives a shit.

Play offs for the top 4? Again **** off. It's a league. If you win it, you're champions. Anything else is bullshit.

It's all bullshit.

Let's have Glentoran & Linfield in as well. & just put Swansea, Cardiff, Newport & Wrexham in the Prem while we're at it.

Who's the top team on the Isle of Man? Lets have them too.

Jersey? Guernsey? Alderney? Sark?

How about the champions of Gibraltar? Or a representative team from the sodding Falklands? What about Belize?

All these ****s should just shut the **** up now.

****ing madness.

Must be true if it's in The Sun then.

If either of those scabby little pub teams want to come down they can start in the bottom tier of the pyramid like everyone else.

Rangers have already done it up there so at least they'll have experience on their side.

Went out of business, ceased to exist, had to start back at the bottom... & still managed to get back to being national champions in only a decade. Shows what an embarrassing pile of steaming shite that joke of a league is.

They can take the AFC Wimbledon route or **** off.

Also, with all the focus on action against racism in the game is it really a good idea to import 300 year old sectarian bigotry to go along with it? **** off to that too. Leave it on the streets of ****ing Glasgow. Nobody else gives a shit.

Play offs for the top 4? Again **** off. It's a league. If you win it, you're champions. Anything else is bullshit.

It's all bullshit.

Let's have Glentoran & Linfield in as well. & just put Swansea, Cardiff, Newport & Wrexham in the Prem while we're at it.

Who's the top team on the Isle of Man? Lets have them too.

Jersey? Guernsey? Alderney? Sark?

How about the champions of Gibraltar? Or a representative team from the sodding Falklands? What about Belize?

All these ****s should just shut the **** up now.

****ing madness.
You’ve forgotten the IOW?

Season ticket down at Owen St is becoming nearer and nearer. At least it doesn't matter if I have something more worthwhile to do and miss some games.

The end result of all of this ****wittery is people turning away from the game.

Some might be alienated by, and priced out of, the Prem, but not out of football. I know someone who gave up on Liverpool many seasons ago for Accrington Stanley. And an ex Chelsea supporter who now spends his money at non-league Hayes FC.

Some might be alienated by, and priced out of, the Prem, but not out of football. I know someone who gave up on Liverpool many seasons ago for Accrington Stanley. And an ex Chelsea supporter who now spends his money at non-league Hayes FC.

The worst thing about it is that most clubs aren't trying to **** over the game at the highest level, however, they play in the competiton and with clubs that are.

I feel unjustified in punishing my own club but in order to make a stand in general there is no other option.

I'm just becoming ****ing bored of it all. I just want to concentrate on football but the sport is now secondary.

Imagine all the anti racism and anti hatred noise that the Prem have been making....then they invite 2 clubs where quality of football is all irrelevant as it's all about the bigotry. Classic.

Are we really likely to allow two teams from the Independent Republic of Scotland to play in the English Premier League?

It doesn't need to be all the eggs in one basket; support 2 or 3 teams (or sports), each for different reasons. Coalville at the ground for the bantz/social interaction, watch live streams (paid or otherwise) of Leicester for loyalty (or whatever might be your motivation) etc etc etc

Choice is also a huge defining factor, and I suspect behind some the EPL financial predictions. Many fans of Europe's big teams have never been to the ground, and are never likely to - never had the match day experience. Streaming/TV is as close as they have been, and ever will be. So many (and we're probably talking many millions of viewers) would leap at the chance to have a steady diet of Barcelona v Milan etc. That'd be their 'matchday experience' - visiting the San Siro one day becomes a dream.

Similarly, myself (and I suspect the others on the forum) haven't had the match day experience for many years, perhaps decades. We haven't the choice of getting football, the match day, a few bevvies with mates etc etc etc. Obviously, opening a can/bottle in front of the tele, whilst having it's own pleasures, is not anything like being there. But you take what you can get.

As a related 'matchday experience' aside; I was enlightened reading of Kelechi's upbringing, and how he usually couldn't afford to watch the games on TV (at the local hall/cafe/bar or whatever) despite it seeming to us to be merely pence. I'm not making a point about rights and wrongs of a globalised football product btw, just remarking on how we don't always see and appreciate differences, and make assumptions about the game and don't see what it means to different people.

Premier League football may not longer be the game that you fell in love with, or whatever, but there are other versions of football available. That said, I'm not putting money where my mouth is and paying to watch my local (now league 3) team... there is NO appeal to me there, bantz or otherwsie.

This on BBC:
"Atletico Madrid sent a letter to their season ticket holders with some clues," said the Spanish football journalist. "They thought they were negotiating with Uefa and that there were 15 clubs, not 12.

"When they heard that Paris St-Germain and Bayern Munich were not interested they were like, ‘Oh, right’. They also went in because they thought that, if they didn’t then others would. It's not the perfect situation for this to be a strong competition.

"Also, he (Real Madrid president Florentino Perez) didn’t name Manchester City but it was quite clear he was referring to them. They were in the group but really didn’t want to be and once they came out it had a contagious effect. It was a palace coup and not so much a street coup, apparently."
We signed a contract to be in the group, but we didn't want to be in it! It's astonishing how stupid they think we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757