Euros 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
England facing more charges from UEFA after incidents during the final - pitch invasion by spectator, throwing of objects onto the field, 'disturbance' during the national anthems and the lighting of fireworks. There are also concerns about lack of security, ticketless fans entering the stadium and the threatening of fans, including Italy fans, who were trying to access their booked seats.

I have a feeling that we can expect to have to play a game behind closed doors and we should probably save some money by not even bothering to apply for the World Cup to be held here for quite a while.

Being told to piss off and we have no chance of winning the bid for the 2030 World Cup might be a good thing

Might be about the only thing that will make politicians listen that they should do something about racism in this country. Or at least admit its an issue.

Being told to piss off and we have no chance of winning the bid for the 2030 World Cup might be a good thing

Might be about the only thing that will make politicians listen that they should do something about racism in this country. Or at least admit its an issue.

They seem to think it only exists in social media....or pretend to think that.

Racism is abhorrent, but the focus of the investigation seems to be more about inadequate policing, and more generic security concerns. The apparent status of England as a “safe pair of hands” in delivering the delayed final stages subjected to late Covid-dictated changes, will take a knock - but I would expect a plea of mitigating circumstances from the FA.

I'm pretty certain most people, including you, would take an advertiser's cash for something as easy as sending out a tweet.
Thing about earning 20 million pence a week is you can pick and choose what other money you accept. What Harry’s done looks cheap and tacky.
I’d tweet that for a free taco.
From Taco Bell?
Lads, it’s not just Taco Bell, it’s Taco Bell UK. It’ll be a mess. There’s a depressing-looking Taco Bell at Frenchgate Doncaster. Do you know how they say taco in Doncaster?

Thing about earning 20 million pence a week is you can pick and choose what other money you accept. What Harry’s done looks cheap and tacky.

Lads, it’s not just Taco Bell, it’s Taco Bell UK. It’ll be a mess. There’s a depressing-looking Taco Bell at Frenchgate Doncaster. Do you know how they say taco in Doncaster?
You can pick and choose, and I'm sure most people would choose the easiest way of doing it. No idea why it's cheaper or tackier to promote fast food over a carbonated drink, for instance. All "influencer" marketing is ridiculous, IMO, but it's also easily understandable. Also, the original post was that he doesn't need the money because he earns enough. My retort was that nobody is turning down more money, no matter how much they earn, especially for something as piss-easy as sending a tweet.

I'm not saying it isn't an issue because of course it is. Racism exists everywhere. My wife got racially abused here in Leicester only a few weeks ago.

However this is comparatively a very mature and tolerant country in terms of racism. The incident with my wife was shocking because she hadn't experienced anything like it for the best part of 20 years.

Last night Newsnight reported that the great majority of the racist messages that they've tracked so far came from overseas. I'm not at all surprised by this.

Yes, the UK still has work to do but that will only be achieved through education and compassion and time.

I maintain that the movement in football is counterproductive and that the constant emphasis on race is setting progress back years. To me, it is no coincidence that the racist attack on her came now and not a couple of years ago.

We are not the USA or anywhere else. We used to be better than these places.

Last night Newsnight reported that the great majority of the racist messages that they've tracked so far came from overseas. I'm not at all surprised by this.
It's okay, they will get football banning orders now.

If only racism was the only problem. It has little to do with most of what UEFA are investigating.

I would expect a plea of mitigating circumstances from the FA.
And what might those circumstances be? I can't imagine anything which will excuse some of the events which have taken place.

Enabling the total nonsense narrative that football supporters in England are just a bunch of racists leads to this sort of shit.

Completely agree that the majority of football fans are not racist, homophobic, sexist etc.

However I do think we have reached the time whaen we the majority need to start calling out / reporting the idiots who are trying to drag the rest of us down to their level.

Completely agree that the majority of football fans are not racist, homophobic, sexist etc.

However I do think we have reached the time whaen we the majority need to start calling out / reporting the idiots who are trying to drag the rest of us down to their level.
The problem is the type of ‘person’ you describe above isn’t going to take too kindly to a word in his or her shell like. A large proportion who pedal this filth are scum bags who unfortunately derive from scumbag families whose beliefs are passed down generations.

imprisonment and some other meaningful punishment is the only way that you may eradicate some of these behaviours from society.

I don’t have the answers to this but I am certain that discussing their actions with them is utterly pointless.

Perhaps if they were ostracised by their community and sacked from their jobs, they MAY be educated enough to keep their filthy opinions in their tiny, narrow mindset brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263