Post Match Everton 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commentator as well. Some of the worst coverage I’ve seen. Two Everton fans as the pundits ffs. Really professional unbiased analysis there BT.
He kept saying Teeleymons and Castan and ooondaarr. Which was really annoying. He also mentioned Everton had a blueprint they used to beat Leicester what 11 defenders stood behind behind a bus ? Wankers the lot them.

He kept saying Teeleymons and Castan and ooondaarr. Which was really annoying. He also mentioned Everton had a blueprint they used to beat Leicester what 11 defenders stood behind behind a bus ? Wankers the lot them.
The worst was saying 'Gomesh'. What a load of toz.

Yebbut he did catch Savage out by questioning about his deep defensive line observation.

Speaking of which, and to further my 'shithouse Everton' beliefs, I recall them lining up in defense of a Maddison free kick (like it's even necessary ;) ) - 8 of them, in 2 lines of 4. Close enough to each other to play 'ring a ring of roses' or hold a seance (take your pick)

Obviously, the free kick gets lobbed into the massed ranks of blue... and Richarlison clears, much to the jismic pleasure of aforementioned twat-featured commentator. He's everywhere, he creams, in defense and attack.

Truth is, Everton defend that way because they can't rely on Pickford stopping the ball if anyone does get a shot away.

It is amazing how bad Pickford is, isn't it?

Every bit as poor as Kepa, but apparently able to completely get away with it.

Acts like a prat too. He defies explanation.

I think Liverpool beating Spurs is a good result for us.

Gets Liverpool closer to us but means we have a 4 point lead over 5th (West Ham) but at least a 6 point lead over Everton, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal - all of whom you'd imagine have a better chance at keeping pace at the top than West Ham realistically.

Some do have games in hand but we're in a good position for top 4. Long way to go though!

Gets Liverpool closer to us but means we have a 4 point lead over 5th (West Ham) but at least a 6 point lead over Everton, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal - all of whom you'd imagine have a better chance at keeping pace at the top than West Ham realistically.

Some do have games in hand but we're in a good position for top 4. Long way to go though!
Last year we were 14 pts clear, so anything less than 20 points and I’m assuming we’ll bottle it rather than getting hopes up.

Last year we were 14 pts clear, so anything less than 20 points and I’m assuming we’ll bottle it rather than getting hopes up.
Without CL next season you wonder if Youri and Wilf will do the off. They could play for anyone.

But this year we're going to win the Europa League, so who cares how much we bottle the rest by?

I think anyone beating Spurs is a good result!

I reckon a top 4 finish would be an excellent result for us, beyond what I personally see tbh. But there is the smallest of gaps in the table at the moment and we are on the right side of that gap, so who knows. Long way to go but I suspect Chelsea will come good and start picking up points, as perhaps will Arsenal.

Last edited:
Without CL next season you wonder if Youri and Wilf will do the off. They could play for anyone.
This is my worry.

They won't stick around if we don't get CL. Both have improved immensely with us, but that journey ends unless we play on the top stage.

This is my worry.

They won't stick around if we don't get CL. Both have improved immensely with us, but that journey ends unless we play on the top stage.
If they want to leave to double their wages they will go regardless of whether we are in the CL, Kante left us after we won the league to be in London and play for a bigger club.
Until Leicester regularly finish in the top 4 and pay the best part of £200k a week we will always be a stepping stone.
It's not all bad news as we are one of the most attractive clubs to play for outside the "big 6" we are nearer the top of the food chain and it's unthinkable to think like that 5 years ago.

Anyway we would sell them both for £150 million plus and buy better for a tenth of the price its the Leicester way

I’m not sure that’s as easy as you say, with players at that level.
It isn't.

We've turned them into the finished article. We would be buying unpolished potential.

Either way, I think going to the CL with us will be a big enough pull for both of them, Kante didn't have the same connection or long term story here.

It isn't.

We've turned them into the finished article. We would be buying unpolished potential.

Either way, I think going to the CL with us will be a big enough pull for both of them, Kante didn't have the same connection or long term story here.
I agree it is difficult. When you look back though, Maguire was sold and we bought Fofana, Soyuncu and just before hat Benjovic. 2 out of those 3 are brilliant signings.

LB is another case in question, we sold Chilwell ( I know not everyone rated him but Chelsea DID), and we replaced with Castagne and Justin with Thomas in just behind them.

My point is we have a conveyor belt of players coming in for all positions bar 2 and this bodes very well not only as an underpin to our sell 1/development strategy but also to having a much stronger squad (with depth) and competition in all positions.

I firmly believe our model is correct, sustainable and leads to continued success.

I’m not sure that’s as easy as you say, with players at that level.
I'm not saying it's easy but.....

Kante - Ndidi
Maguire - Soyuncu
Chilwell - JJ

Look at how we've invested the transfer money. Ricardo, Castagne, Maddison, Fofana.
Tilemans or Ndidi won't leave this summer but I bet Leicester will recruit their replacements this summer.
As long as we only sell one top players in the season the squad can cope whilst the replacement gets up to speed, it's like pruning a tree to make it grow back stronger.
I wouldn't want any off our squad to leave (except the obvious ones) but I have faith in Leicester to replace them if they do.

I think 99% of people would leave their current employer if they was offered a 100% pay rise with a competitor, it's human nature.

I agree it is difficult. When you look back though, Maguire was sold and we bought Fofana, Soyuncu and just before hat Benjovic. 2 out of those 3 are brilliant signings.

LB is another case in question, we sold Chilwell ( I know not everyone rated him but Chelsea DID), and we replaced with Castagne and Justin with Thomas in just behind them.

My point is we have a conveyor belt of players coming in for all positions bar 2 and this bodes very well not only as an underpin to our sell 1/development strategy but also to having a much stronger squad (with depth) and competition in all positions.

I firmly believe our model is correct, sustainable and leads to continued success.
Your post beat mine by seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758