Pre Match Everton v Leicester - BT Sport2HD - Wed 8:15

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

Wouldn't mind seeing the below v Everton who we were terrible against last time. Just to see if it suits us better while Vardy isn't fit. That way we would have quite a lot of flex to bring Albrighton, Castagne, Mendy, Under on if we need to mix it up.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Justin
Maddison
Perez Barnes

Wouldn't mind seeing the below v Everton who we were terrible against last time. Just to see if it suits us better while Vardy isn't fit. That way we would have quite a lot of flex to bring Albrighton, Castagne, Mendy, Under on if we need to mix it up.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Maddison
Perez Barnes
We’re on a great run of form...now is not the time to try three centre backs again.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Maddison
Perez Barnes
I don’t understand this obsession to switching to three at the back. Have we not been on a great run of form while playing a back four? Why the hell would you drop either of Albrighton or Castagne, and break up a partnership that has been working great down the right?

We have a formation and a regular starting 11 (in the league) that has been getting results. No need to over complicate things by making a formation change and multiple personnel changes because one player is injured.

Simple; Perez for Vardy the only change from the magnificent Chelsea performance.

Just because Ricardo and Soyuncu are fit now doesn’t mean they deserve to or should be shoehorned into the team.

I know every game is massive but this midweek has the feel of one that could be really key.

We are 3rd, we play the side that are 6th and the night after 4th play 5th. Meanwhile, the two sides above us have the easiest fixtures possible really and it would be a major shock if they don't both win.

A win would put us 9 points clear of Everton and at least 6 points clear of 5th place (if West Ham win). It would also keep us in touch of the top.

I remain steadfast in my opinion that Everton are massively overaachieving and overrated. They did us at the KP and we owe them for that.

Yep, big game I reckon. Point(s) here would be putting down serious markers.

For my money, Soyuncu isn't ready for this. On the bench obviously but I reckon you stay tried and trusted, no messing around (enforced changes aside) Perez starts in place of Vardy.

Perez for Vardy would be my only change.

I doubt Ricardo is ready to start another game in quick succession, potentially same for Soyuncu.

If those 2 aren't ready to start the team picks itself at the minute - Although Ünder gave his only chances no harm today.

Cripes, I'd forgotten that I'd been to Goodison until I saw that photo.

I've now a recollection of it (due to the car I had at the time) and reckon it was probably 1998.... or maybe 99.

Last edited:
Cripes, I'd forgotten that I'd been to Goodison until I saw that photo.

I've now a recollection of it (due to the car I had at the time) and reckon it was probably 1998.
I went up to Liverpool in both 97/98 and 98/99 seasons, but both times to Anfield, both of which we won.

Maybe I should go up there this week, I’m clearly a lucky charm.

Schmeichel

Castagne
Fofana
Evans
Justin

Ndidi
Tielemans
Albrighton
Under
Maddison
Barnes

Job done.