Pre Match Everton v Leicester - BT Sport2HD - Wed 8:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawro has us down to lose 2-0. Thank God. That's the away win sorted then.

Although his logic is that we will struggle with the physicality of Everton which is possibly a fair point. We will need to be a lot better at defending set pieces than we were against Brentford

We will need to be a lot better at defending set pieces than we were against Brentford
And therein lies the rub. We have shown time and time again that we can’t defend set pieces (we’re pretty shit at attacking with them too).

Lawro has us down to lose 2-0. Thank God. That's the away win sorted then.

Although his logic is that we will struggle with the physicality of Everton which is possibly a fair point. We will need to be a lot better at defending set pieces than we were against Brentford
Whereas Everton's solid defence will obviously keep out a team that has scored 35 goals in 19 games this season.
Makes perfect sense.

Both Doucoure and Allan out for them. Leaves them with Davies, Sigurdson and Gomes in midfield. Weak as piss.

We didn't score against them last month. And that was with Vardy in the team.
I'd argue that the other changes in the team (like playing ndidi in defence) are worse for our performances than Vardy being out. I hope we do win just to show that.

Love games like this where it's a real test of two teams performing pretty much at the peak of where they should be. Allan and Doucoure missing for them is similar to the problems we had when they visited our place. Their physicality will be less as a result.
I can see this one being a goalfest. 2-3 to us.

Both Doucoure and Allan out for them. Leaves them with Davies, Sigurdson and Gomes in midfield. Weak as piss.
Aren't they the best PL team from set pieces?

(My Everton-supporting mate days they are)

(He also describes Davies, Sigurdson and Homes as snails)

Last edited:
Scoring goals is a concern imo I hope barnes and maddison produce again because I dont think perez or nacho will deliver, and they certainly do not worry defences in the PL.

I don't think we'll have a problem scoring, more a problem of how many we give away from corners and set plays.

They've got plenty of big bastards all over the team and that's the main danger.

Certainly don't want to go behind to these either as they will make it difficult like last time.

Head-to-head

• Everton can win three consecutive league fixtures against Leicester for the first time since a run of four between 1977 and 1980.
  • Leicester have only won two of their 14 Premier League matches at Goodison Park: 3-2 in December 2015 and 1-0 on New Year's Day 2019.
  • None of the past 11 Premier League meetings have ended in a draw.
Everton

• Everton have won 15 of their 23 matches in all competitions this season, just one fewer than they managed from a total of 43 fixtures in 2019-20.
  • The Toffees can win 11 of their opening 18 Premier League games for only the second time, emulating 2004-05.
  • Nonetheless, they can lose their opening two home league matches of a calendar year for the first time since 1977, when their second defeat came against Leicester.
  • Everton have not conceded more than once in any of their past eight league fixtures.
  • Richarlison has scored in four of the last five Premier League matches between Everton and Leicester, including each of the last three.
Leicester City

• Leicester's tally of 38 points is only one below their highest at the halfway stage of a Premier League season, set in 2015-16 and 2019-20.
  • They have won seven of their nine away league fixtures in 2020-21 (D1, L1).
  • The Foxes have kept consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since a run of four from October to November 2019.
  • James Maddison can become the first Leicester player other than Jamie Vardy to score in four successive top-flight matches since Steve Moran from December 1986 to January 1987.

Referee: Mike Dean.
Assistants: Darren Cann, Mark Scholes.
Fourth official: Tony Harrington.
VAR: Simon Hooper.
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child.

Dean - ooh.
He's not been so bad for us of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882