FA Cup 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
The FA Cup kicked off tonight too with three games in the Extra Preliminary Round.

Ascot United (Hellenic Premier) beat Camberley Town (Combined Counties Premier) 2-1. Thetford Town (Eastern Counties League) knocked out Fakenham Town (Eastern Senior League North) with a 1-0 win. Winslow United (Spartan South Midlands Division 1) and Easington Sports (Hellenic Division 1 West) will go again after a 2-2 draw.

For the locals, Leicester Nirvana, Oadby Town, Kirby Muxloe, Lutterworth Town, Hinckley, Heather St John's, and Quorn are all at home.

The rest of this weekend's ties here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup-qualifying/scores-fixtures

The FA Cup kicked off tonight too with three games in the Extra Preliminary Round.

Ascot United (Hellenic Premier) beat Camberley Town (Combined Counties Premier) 2-1. Thetford Town (Eastern Counties League) knocked out Fakenham Town (Eastern Senior League North) with a 1-0 win. Winslow United (Spartan South Midlands Division 1) and Easington Sports (Hellenic Division 1 West) will go again after a 2-2 draw.

For the locals, Leicester Nirvana, Oadby Town, Kirby Muxloe, Lutterworth Town, Hinckley, Heather St John's, and Quorn are all at home.

The rest of this weekend's ties here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup-qualifying/scores-fixtures

I'll take Ascot in the third round, followed by Thetford (away); the winners of Winslow and Easington in the fifth. Not really bothered who we get in the quarters or the semi but Hinckley at Wembley for a close fought all-Leicestershire final would finish it off nicely.

I make it four Leicestershire teams out after today:

Ellesmere Rangers 0 Leicester Road 1
Heather St John's 3 Kimberley Miners Welfare 6
Hinckley AFC 1 Anstey Nomads 1
Kirby Muxloe 0 AFC Mansfield 6
Leicester Nirvana 0 Grimsby Borough 3
Long Eaton United 2 St Andrews 1
Lutterworth Town 2 Heanor Town 1
Oadby Town 3 Shirebrook Town 1
Quorn 6 Belper United 1
Teversal 1 Loughborough University 2
Wellingborough Whitworth 0 Harborough Town 1
Worksop Town 3 Shepshed Dynamo 3

Full results: http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/results

14 teams in that list that I’ve played for/against.

I know I say something like that every year, but it interests me, so there.
‘‘Tis an impressive level to have played at.

Nirvana look like they’ve gone backwards based on that result.
They’re one of many now playing in the UCL, which means some fairly sizeable journeys.

I don’t know a lot about Grimsby, but the Northern Counties, which they play in, always used to be a decent league.

They’re one of many now playing in the UCL, which means some fairly sizeable journeys.

I don’t know a lot about Grimsby, but the Northern Counties, which they play in, always used to be a decent league.
The person who introduced me to TB used to be Grimsby Borough’s photographer. No idea if he still pops his head in here but I’ve not seen him comment in years.

Shepshed Dynamo are out after what sounds like an extraordinary game with Worksop Town. 2-2 after 90 minutes turned into 5-4 after 120.

Used to watch them with my dad in the early 50s, before graduating to Filbert St in 1954. Then sometimes took my older 2 there in the early 80s when we lived in Anstey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757