Pre Match FA Cup R3 Stoke v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might scout our opponents tonight as they beat Nottingham Forest.

Kicks off at 8pm on sky

assuming fitness allows a side like this would be what I want to see. I wouldn't have Iheanacho anywhere near it so would play Slimani, unless we experiment with Barnes as the striker. I would see progression in the FA Cup as a bonus but prioritise Europe and the league

Ward

Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Thomas

Mendy Praet

Under Perez Barnes

Slimani​

I'd like to see us bin off the FA Cup ASAP.

Our first priority is a top six finish. Our second priority is to go as deep in the EL as possible. We do not have the squad for anything more. To be honest, I'm not sure the squad is up to those two priorities.

Given that we have two weeks between PL matches after the Newcastle game, it is a perfect opportunity to give a bunch of over worked players at least a week off. No players that have been combining regularly playing for City and playing internationals should be involved. Additionally, anyone with any kind of knock should be given a break. Same with some of the older players.

So, I wouldn't include in the squad the likes of: Justin, Schmeichel, Tielemans, Vardy, Evans, Fofana, Castagne, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes.

We go to Stoke with whatever is left and if we progress, great, but if we go out, great. Something like:

Ward, Ricardo, Amartey, Soyuncu, Thomas, Mendy, Praet, Under, Perez, Albrighton, Iheanacho

Subs: Jakupovic, Gray, Slimani, Fuchs, Morgan, Choudhury

I'd like to see us bin off the FA Cup ASAP.

Our first priority is a top six finish. Our second priority is to go as deep in the EL as possible. We do not have the squad for anything more. To be honest, I'm not sure the squad is up to those two priorities.

Given that we have two weeks between PL matches after the Newcastle game, it is a perfect opportunity to give a bunch of over worked players at least a week off. No players that have been combining regularly playing for City and playing internationals should be involved. Additionally, anyone with any kind of knock should be given a break. Same with some of the older players.

So, I wouldn't include in the squad the likes of: Justin, Schmeichel, Tielemans, Vardy, Evans, Fofana, Castagne, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes.

We go to Stoke with whatever is left and if we progress, great, but if we go out, great. Something like:

Ward, Ricardo, Amartey, Soyuncu, Thomas, Mendy, Praet, Under, Perez, Albrighton, Iheanacho

Subs: Jakupovic, Gray, Slimani, Fuchs, Morgan, Choudhury
Its sad isn't it but yes you are right, bin off the FA cup.

I've always been desperate for us to win the FA Cup but if I can't be there then not as bothered

Do not play anyone remotely key.

In a normal season I'd rather we went for the fa cup than that shite euro thing we're in. As we won't be going to any matches anyhoo we do need to bin the fa cup of.

FA Cup final. Triumphant return of fans to Wembley to see the season out and a first FA cup win for the super foxes.......

I don't think you have a night out in Stoke really, you're more likely having a night out in Hanley or Newcastle under Lyme. Stoke itself is pretty titchy.

My memories of Stoke away are in the singular. The play off semi final when Parker drilled in a peach of a volley to win us the tie. What unfolded afterwards was pretty scary. Coins being lobbed from the stand behind our pen, pitch invasion in front of us. I remember walking out of the ground under the spotlight of the police helicopter and being told to **** off by a hefty bloke in A Stoke shirt (I was about 15 or 16 I think!) and then having a chat with an elderly Stoke couple very shortly afterwards about the match and that wished us well in the final. Poles apart these people.

Championship opposition. Good excuse to give Nacho a run out..

I don't think you have a night out in Stoke really, you're more likely having a night out in Hanley or Newcastle under Lyme. Stoke itself is pretty titchy.
Yes, it was Hanley we were out in, but even our Stoke mates would describe it to us as Stoke, as it’s easier than getting bogged down in the details to outsiders.

Joined a new company this year. One of the guys I work closely with is a Stoke fan and for some reason he hates Leicester. Hopefully we’ll wallop them.

My memories of Stoke away are in the singular. The play off semi final when Parker drilled in a peach of a volley to win us the tie. What unfolded afterwards was pretty scary. Coins being lobbed from the stand behind our pen, pitch invasion in front of us. I remember walking out of the ground under the spotlight of the police helicopter and being told to **** off by a hefty bloke in A Stoke shirt (I was about 15 or 16 I think!) and then having a chat with an elderly Stoke couple very shortly afterwards about the match and that wished us well in the final. Poles apart these people.
I was at this game but in the Stoke end with a Stoke supporting mate, I sat on my hands most of the game and when Parker scored I jumped up but had to turn it around by shouting abuse at him

I was at this game but in the Stoke end with a Stoke supporting mate, I sat on my hands most of the game and when Parker scored I jumped up but had to turn it around by shouting abuse at him
I’ve done that before at Forest. I’d normally go in the City end, but if I’ve gone with some of my Forest supporting mates, I’ve found shouting “****ing Hell” can be seen as anger, that disguises joy, pretty well.

I've been to The Victoria Ground a few times and always was with the home fans. Nice to hear what they thought of our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757