Fasting for health and a big poo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, why?

I fast for the vast health benefits. Usually i fast 16 hours a day and eat within an 8 hour window. Every month I'll do one 72 or 120 hour fast of just water, sodium and potassium.

Check it out - fasting has tonnes of benefits. Autophagy is a state which the human body enters during fasting whereby your cells regenerate and do what LCFC need to - get rid of the dead wood so to speak. So it replaces the crappy old and damaged cells like Demarai Gray and replaces them with brand new cells which work better, like Said Benrahma (i hope). This clears out the crap and decreases inflammation which helps with so many ailments and diseases including cancer, but not in tthe way like a superfood is described ("cancer beating properties" and all gimicky). It actuslly literally helps to lower your cancer risk because it regenerates cells that could possibly go rogue and start to multiply.

It also keeps your insulin at lower levels for longer so you avoid the spike and then the dip. Most people eat from 7am to 10pm which never gives the body rest. Fasting allows the body to recover. Intermittent fasting is great day to day and really easy. You'll also lose a tonne of weight. Just continue eating what you normally eat but just eat it in a specific time period. You normally eat less because you can't consume the same in an 8 hour period as you do in a 14 or 15 hour period.

The longer fasting is great too. But starting with a shorter amount is best. Then if you're into it prolonged fasting works wonders for resetting the body.

Dr. Berg is great for learning about fasting.

P.s. sorry if this now should go into some sort of health thread - but any questions then fire away. Oh and Blue Maniac - you asked so I answered!!!!

Last edited:
I fast for the vast health benefits. Usually i fast 16 hours a day and eat within an 8 hour window. Every month I'll do one 72 or 120 hour fast of just water, sodium and potassium.

Check it out - fasting has tonnes of benefits. Autophagy is a state which the human body enters during fasting whereby your cells regenerate and do what LCFC need to - get rid of the dead wood so to speak. So it replaces the crappy old and damaged cells like Demarai Gray and replaces them with brand new cells which work better, like Said Benrahma (i hope). This clears out the crap and decreases inflammation which helps with so many ailments and diseases including cancer, but not in tthe way like a superfood is described ("cancer beating properties" and all gimicky). It actuslly literally helps to lower your cancer risk because it regenerates cells that could possibly go rogue and start to multiply.

It also keeps your insulin at lower levels for longer so you avoid the spike and then the dip. Most people eat from 7am to 10pm which never gives the body rest. Fasting allows the body to recover. Intermittent fasting is great day to day and really easy. You'll also lose a tonne of weight. Just continue eating what you normally eat but just eat it in a specific time period. You normally eat less because you can't consume the same in an 8 hour period as you do in a 14 or 15 hour period.

The longer fasting is great too. But starting with a shorter amount is best. Then if you're into it prolonged fasting works wonders for resetting the body.

P.s. sorry if this now should go into some sort of health thread - but any questions then fire away. Oh and Blue Maniac - you asked so I answered!!!!

Oh and i should probably mention that after about 12 hours of consuming zero calories your body runs on its own fat stores. This is where the weight loss element starts. So going for a normal paced walk when you're fasting is excellent.

Humans and those similar before us would find an animal, kill it and eat it then have nothing for days. Our bodies are built to fast and not to eat everyday and this has been the case for thousands of years. This isn't new, it's very old. Even older than Wes Morgan.

The men’s health thread :icon lol:

... I did intermittent fasting for three months. Was very beneficial. Lost a lot of weight on it and it got me in great shape for a run I needed to lose some pounds for. Just sayin’

The men’s health thread :icon lol:

... I did intermittent fasting for three months. Was very beneficial. Lost a lot of weight on it and it got me in great shape for a run I needed to lose some pounds for. Just sayin’

I lost a load of weight this year. It’s not rocket science at all, but it definitely works.

I lost a load of weight this year. It’s not rocket science at all, but it definitely works.

Still not convinced by fasting.

Any weight loss is just about consuming less calories than you burn; intermittent fasting helps a lot of people because it means they consume less calories in the day, but I don't think it's any better than any other system of reducing your calories by the same amount.

I lost 4.5 stone in the last 18 months, but don't go more than a few hours without eating something!

I found this interesting, so thought what culture fasts as a matter of lifestyle/religion. The obvious answer in the UK and Leicester being the Asian community due to Ramadan. So do Asians have a lower cancer rate. Turns out they do https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics/incidence/ethnicity

I wonder, is thoroughly discredited quack Dr Eric Berg the right chiropractor to advise on nutrition?

A more "qualifed" reference would be Dr. Jason Fung. He is one of the best experts in the field and his research is first class. Also worth mentioning is
Yoshinori Ohsumi who won the Nobel Prize in 2016 for his work on fasting and autophagy.

Re Dr. Berg, yes he is not an MD but his research is excellent and based upon the work by Fung and Ohsumi. The delivery of his material is clear, concise and easy to understand. He consistently cites large-scale studies and research papers and he is a credible source as far as I'm concerned.

Medical doctors are trained to diagnose and treat patients in very specific ways. Quite often they are taught to think one way and one way only, it's very close minded. They are also very often not keeping up with latest updates, studies and developments. There are plent of excellent resorces online including people like Berg. You don't have to be a doctor nowadays to know intricately how the body works because of the wealth of resources available to us.

Still not convinced by fasting.

Any weight loss is just about consuming less calories than you burn; intermittent fasting helps a lot of people because it means they consume less calories in the day, but I don't think it's any better than any other system of reducing your calories by the same amount.

I lost 4.5 stone in the last 18 months, but don't go more than a few hours without eating something!

You should research a little more. Fasting isn't a fad - it's clinically proven. You can use fasting once or twice a week and it still has great benefits, plus you'll get to eat more freely. My way I eat whatever i want.

Any weight loss is not simply about consuming less. That is 1970s science. There's a lot more to it. Recent studies have found that when you eat has the same effect on weight loss as what you eat. I eat huge meals twice a day, everyday. 1000kcal roughly per meal and feel full and amazing. I eat what i want, but sacrifice my ability to eat little bits all day and it works for me. I eat pizza, curry, fried chicken, whatever and my blood work is better than it's ever been, my body fat is leaner than ever and I'm stronger than ever. Same with my 57 year old father.

Calorie restrictive diets are often more difficult to maintain because of hormones which make us more hungry. Calorie restrictions are often less beneficial than fasting for a whole number of reasons. Fasting isn't just about how much you can consume in a time period (although that's an excellent benefit) - it's that once you're past a certain time of fasting, you use your own body fat for energy so you stay leaner. I exercise totally fasted.

Fasting works for me, small meals work for you. There's multiple ways to skin a cat. Either way, congratulations on the huge weight loss.

I found this interesting, so thought what culture fasts as a matter of lifestyle/religion. The obvious answer in the UK and Leicester being the Asian community due to Ramadan. So do Asians have a lower cancer rate. Turns out they do https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics/incidence/ethnicity

Indeed. There are more reasons for this but fasting may well play a part. This whole breakfast, lunchN dinner and snacks lifestyle doesn't give us our bodies a break. When we stop consuming, our bodies have time to get rid of old and more likely to be cancerous cells and replenishes them with new cells.

One more thing on this - sugar is so bad for us especially in excess. Almost all cancers feed off sugar. Whether it be porridge or brown bread or Jelly Babies, our bodies use it the same way. Cut out carbs totally for 3 or 4 days a week and have higher fatty foods like bacon, butter, egg, cheese, chicken thigh, avocado etc and throw in some fasting and you're a winner!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757