Fed Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monafox

I am seriously fed up by the latest serving dished up at the crisp bowl on saturday?

When your best attacking option is your goalie, you have to start to wonder!

We completely lacked motivation, skill and movement off the ball. Having watched the fizzy highlights yesterday, i am worried. We will get steam rollered by the likes of Ipswich West Ham Wigan and Sunderland. Even teams like Reading look to have invention in there sides.

I have been very much in favour of supporting MA as he works to gel a new side, but is time running out?

What have we to lose by ditching some of the established "stars" and playing thise who really want to play for our club.

Possible line up:-

Walker

Keown Elliot Spearman

Harper Nalis Gemmill Scowcroft Tiatto

Wright Benjamin

Subs:

Heath
Canero
Petrescu
Stewart
Connolly

Feel MA has to stop being so superior, take advise from both his coaching staff and his players, change the system, and see the points roll in......

Horrible team that was. Grim.

That team looks poor my friend...

Walker

Canero Keown Dabizas Makin

Scowie Williams Nalis Tiatto

Connelly Dublin

s. Stearman s. Elliot s. Gudjohnsson s. Wright s. Pressman

- This I think may do ok...let's not give up on Connelly just yet....

I'm just glad Stewart's out for 3 games. He's had 1 good game in 2 years and we are supposed to wank over his corners.

Get Tiatto in there and see the score. My worry is that we don't have/use anyone who can come on and add something different, perhaps something like a Petrescu, O'Grady, Porter or Wright could. Certainly when its 0-0 a least a bit of pace up front might do something, unlike Blake who adds something different, just the wrong kind of different.

walker

Heath Keown Dabizas

Canero Williams Titatto nalis Stewart

Connolly scowcroft

subs
pressman wilcox stearman wright joey

3-5-2, nalis and williams can't play together on there own in the middle, no one can win a ball and protect the defence.

I said it before and i still believe it but our home games are so shit cuz all the teams just come n shove there 10 men behind the ball,

the only team that has slightly attacked us were sheffield United n thats why we were able 2 get 3 goals and loook quite creative

Walker

Dabizas Keown Makin

Harper Nalis Gudjonnson Williams Tiatto

Connolly Scowcroft

Subs

Dublin
Stearman
Gemmill
Wright
Stewart

Micky has to change the formation and tactics otherwise teams are going to keep coming to the Walkers and taking points off us. This formation would allow both Nalis and Williams more opportunity to get on the ball and control the game, with Harper and Tiatto both bombing down the wings delivering quality crosses, Scowy in this formation would score 15-20 and would also be able to provide plenty of assists to Connolly with his decent flick ons and also for a target man he has good array of passing and vision. Go on Micky give it a go you never know it may work if you try it.

Admit my team selection was to say the least controversial.

The main point though you have picked up on, change the formation, the personnel employed is actually secondary.

Loyal_Supporter said:
I said it before and i still believe it but our home games are so shit cuz all the teams just come n shove there 10 men behind the ball,

I see. You think that away teams are adopting the tactics most likely to achieve a result. That's quite a chilling thought.

I wonder if its just possible that we might have just a bit of a shortfall in our ability to unlock defences and maybe this is just slightly related to the absence of any wingers (Rotherham (away)game apart and the fact that we don't have any half decent strikers anymore?

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670