Feeling Proud to be a Leicester Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

'The times they are a-changin'

You can take this two ways, positively or negatively. Personally, I'm taking it positively.

Last night I was down in the dumps and fearing years of obscurity for my beloved Leicester City Football Club. I had 5 pints of continental lager and returned home to my girlfriend.

I was nailed - drinking on an empty stomach never bodes well for me but I was happy drunk, not surly, not depressed, happy, which I'm sure you'll all agree is the bestkind of drunk.

I went to bed and for some reason I was humming "Cheer up sleepy Jean" but with the old Mark McGhee lyrics (still to this day one of my favourite Leicester songs). My girlfriend asked me who Mark McGhee was and so began the long story of Leicester City Football Club.

I began from the start, well, my start. Just as Pleat left and Little joined. I talked of all the play-offs, all the dodgy penalties, all the signing Speedie debacle, all the Judas's, all the wembley visits, all the Stoke fans on the pitch at the Victoria ground, all the broken cruciate ligaments, all the Eric Hall bastardisations, all the cross eyed wank faces, all the European trips, all the cups and trophies, all the O'Neill leaps, each season in brilliant detail and as the words rolled off my tongue, the passion came back to me, the loving of LCFC shone like a beacon through the dark mist of post premiership blues.

It was an absolute pleasure to tell my girlfriend all I could about the roller coaster ride that is supporting Leicester City.

I urge you all to find a willing 'victim' and rattle off as much as you can about Leicester City. Go back through the years, cling on to past glory, aim for the stars, do what ever you need to do. Remember that alough the path is dark, the sun will rise and a new dawn will break and glowing brightly, the blue and white will shine again.

You are a Leicester City fan, you always will be, be proud, be strong, be Leicester.

Joe_Fox

I'm as positive as ever, you won't defeat me Leicester. Re-build is what it's all about and if people can't get to grips with this i'm going to get angry. It's a new era, not an old one. If it was then Adams wouldn't have released 300 old boys, chill your beans and get geared up for an explosive season with plenty of fresh young faces. It's the summer, smile and get leathered.

Well said Joe - Having followed the city for over forty years I have seen some REAL legends play for us in that time - I have been to some great matches - been to Wembley SEVEN times ( and thats just to watch us ) - It seems to be all dome and gloom at the moment but is it really just over 20 years ago when on a cold night in febuary at filbo we were playing Shrewsbury in front of just over 6,000 fans a couple days after getting beat at Grimsby ( and we still went up ) - no my friends we still have a lot to look forward to - get behind MA and i'm confident athat a new team will be forged and bonded into one which will take us back to the Premier League (although can anyone say they cheer louder when we score against Everton than they do against Cov and the sheep - I think not ) - so I say to all those doom merchants, look to the future not to the past and if you're ever feeling down do what I do - Get a few cans in and watch a good video ( play-final against the sheep is my favorite - happy days )

Good stuff sirs, I was hoping this would be a morale boosting thread and so far so good.

The doom & gloom stuff is OTT mainly due to loads of players out & none in.

But Micky needs to know who is staying before he spends his budget, he has his targets in mind, but the priority changes when say Dickov goes, he has to spend money wisely & in thr right areas.

Everybody should wait & see what the squad looks like when we kick off the first game and even then, a new lot pf players take time to gel so we shouldn't expect the start we got in Div 1 last time.

That doesn't mean we can't still have a good season.

Foxes_Trust said:
But Micky has to spend money wisely & in thr right areas.
just like last season? :roll:

Foxes_Trust said:
The doom & gloom stuff is OTT mainly due to loads of players out & none in.

But Micky needs to know who is staying before he spends his budget, he has his targets in mind, but the priority changes when say Dickov goes, he has to spend money wisely & in thr right areas.

Everybody should wait & see what the squad looks like when we kick off the first game and even then, a new lot pf players take time to gel so we shouldn't expect the start we got in Div 1 last time.

That doesn't mean we can't still have a good season.
Good! Cos if we lose 6-1 to Ipswich again i'll go fookin mental! :wink:

I'm still upbeat,we needed a clearout and we have certainly had one.I'm looking forward to the new signings,a season of Canero(no clause here..hopefully),Lee Morris kicking a ball in a City shirt,O'Grady getting his chance.Plenty to look forward to.

I had a similar experience. I was driving home late last night feeling seriously sorry for myself and our club when a fox limped out into the road. I had to quickly slam on the breaks to avoid the bugger, but managed it...thankfully. As it limped off I thought to myself that right now we are much like a wounded fox. We've been run over by the premiership and kicked around by our players...but we are the life blood of this club, not anyone who leaves for F**k loads of money...us! If you back a wounded fox into a corner it'll lash out. If you back a wounded fox into a corner it'll bite yer F***ing head off...watch out div 1...foxes get kicked around, beaten up, run down...but never quit!!!

SilverFox said:
I had a similar experience. I was driving home late last night feeling seriously sorry for myself and our club when a fox limped out into the road. I had to quickly slam on the breaks to avoid the bugger, but managed it...thankfully. As it limped off I thought to myself that right now we are much like a wounded fox. We've been run over by the premiership and kicked around by our players...but we are the life blood of this club, not anyone who leaves for F**k loads of money...us! If you back a wounded fox into a corner it'll lash out. If you back a wounded fox into a corner it'll bite yer F***ing head off...watch out div 1...foxes get kicked around, beaten up, run down...but never quit!!!

The famous Foxes will triumph through the adversity and come up smelling of roses. Beautiful

SilverFox said:

Beautiful Post

highland fox said:
I'm still upbeat,we needed a clearout and we have certainly had one.I'm looking forward to the new signings,a season of Canero(no clause here..hopefully),Lee Morris kicking a ball in a City shirt,O'Grady getting his chance.Plenty to look forward to.

Can confirm no clause for Canero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758