FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabulous comedy moment from Australia.

Bunch of donkey league players trying to do the play-out-from-the-back-as-if-we're-world-class thing & ending up looking stupid. I wish teams would stop with this shit. Despite the obvious entertainment value when you don't have any attachment to the team in question it's getting ****ing irritating.

Fabulous comedy moment from Australia.

Bunch of donkey league players trying to do the play-out-from-the-back-as-if-we're-world-class thing & ending up looking stupid. I wish teams would stop with this shit. Despite the obvious entertainment value when you don't have any attachment to the team in question it's getting ****ing irritating.

Not seen this instance.... But totally agree with playing out from the back shit. Are there stats available for goals conceded from pissing about at the back vs goals scored from starting with pissing about at the back?

The tedious conversation about Ronaldo cuts about 15 seconds into their coverage of the second half. When will they shut up about him?

This is what happens when you use sport to make cultural/social/political statements.

I've argued this point several times. From the poppy to the prostate, football is drowning in point making. Every week brings us a new lapel badge for the managers to wear. It's all ****ing annoying to me.

Footballers are entitled to say whatever they want to about issues but keep it away from the matches themselves. Football should be a game, an escape from the wankery of the world.

By entering the qualification and going to the tournament, England have bought into the thing. Pretending to be virtuous whilst doing it is pathetic. Just play your ****ing tedious matches and come home.

This is completely correct but it's the result of something that's happened over about the last ten years: the politicisation of everything and the expectation that every corporation, public body or sports team should make strong political statements on a regular basis to clarify that it's on the right side.

We now live in a country where your bank lets you know which side it supports in a war in Europe, as if we would have thought it supported Russia had it not made its position clear.

I would love it if football could become more about football and less about point-making but I can't see how this can be unravelled. The dominant narrative on certain political issues is that 'silence is violence' and therefore being apolitical is just as much of a sin as overtly being on the wrong side.

Last edited:
The tedious conversation about Ronaldo cuts about 15 seconds into their coverage of the second half. When will they shut up about him?
Thats nothing. Wait til he comes back & turns Man U into title contenders.

It'll be any day now...

Why didn't De Bruyne pass it to tielemans in acres of space? If he's off it then Belgium are hopeless.

Whole team is having to play 20 yards deeper to cover the ****ing zombies at CB.
Too old & too slow for this level. If Martinez can't see that then he's exactly the **** all of a manager I've always thought he was. The better teams will destroy them if he doesn't change it (which he won't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363