First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne74

I have been reading on this forum for a number of years & have decided to actually contribute a post !!

This coming season more than any in my 30 years of supporting Leicester is one in which I am really looking forward to, I'll explain, Could you imagine even 4 years ago Leicester paying millions to buy a top manager out of a contract from Celtic & that manager dropping Celtic midseason to join City such is the pull of our club now.
This is Brendans 1st preseason with Leicester and his 1st chance to clear out the players he doesn't want whilst also bringing in his own players.
We have a Team of players in the starting 11 that would walk into the majority of clubs in the Premier league with 4/5 walking into all top 6 sides, we also have quite a few players in the squad that are going to push the starting 11
We are in the process of building a fantastic young TEAM of players that appear to want to stay at the club look at how well Ajax did last season with building a young side & yet we don't have sell anyone to balance the books, we only need 2/3 players to be a brilliant side.
The new training ground is supposed to be one of the best in Europe & that can only help keep/attract top players, since we got promoted back to the Premier league the season ticket have sold out with a waiting list, The extended stadium is another step in the direction of making Leicester a bigger more competitive club.

Look at last years top 6 sides aside from Liverpool & Man City, Chelsea have lost there manager there best player and have a transfer embargo, Tottenham have added nothing to there squad in 2x transfer windows and in my opinion look very average they have huge debt & cant compete in player purchase just like Arsenal when they left Highbury, I think Tottenham will have a poor season, Arsenal have 2x good forwards and that's about it they need a complete squad revamp but don't have the funds to do it, Man u well they have had problems since Ferguson left they have disruptive players aging players and well poor players Solskjaer is Man u's equivalent of Shakespeare he will be sacked about 10 games into the season.

Wolves don't have the squad to compete in the Europa league & the Premier league, look at recent history with clubs being in this competition, Westham & Everton are just mid table mediocrity with the players they have.

Anyway I think everything has fallen into place for Leicester to do really well this season, oh and for the 1st time ever the 2x holidays I've booked Leicester are playing away so I wont miss any home games this season !!

Apologies for rambling on and fell free to contradict my grammar and or views.

Welcome Payne74, great first post.

A bit too much positivity for some on here - BN will have trouble with your post unless you lend him your glass.

Avoid Homer, any positivity you show will be construed as weakness by him and he ain’t bothered whether you’re Arthur or Martha.

Welcome!

Welcome. It's going to be a massive summer I reckon, the business we do seems more important than ever. The last time we had a great opportunity we didn't even know it....this year it's clear as it can be. Chelsea and Man U both picking managers on their playing history with the club rather than managerial ability should create some space. Arsenal are also a bit meh and I reckon could finish lower than expected.

Thanks for the welcomes

Well I only have to look at clubs like Forest,Stoke,Derby,WBA,Portsmouth, Ipswich etc etc to relise what a good position we are currently in, I've had 30 years of watching Leicester with very low expectations apart from our time under O'Neil, even when we won the league we was expecting relegation & like I said in my opening post, this season I honestly believe we can do something special.
I think Top can see it to & will back Brendan Rogers with bringing in the final few players to make Leicester a match for any side this season, I can't see any players leaving that the club don't want to leave due to this very reason.

Greetings Payne74. Welcome to the most erudite, sophisticated and reasonable Leicester City forum. You'll fit in just fine.

I agree that there is much to be excited about. I'm more optimistic about the coming season than I have been for many years. We have a good manager, a strong and talented squad, and opponents that are largely there for the taking.

Even our inevitable implosion is unforeseen right now.

Good luck.

There's some strange feckers on here

Welcome Payne. You'll do well to last.

I have 3 teenage daughters so you lot will be a walk in the sunshine, anyway Rodgers or Rogers sounds the same & if that's the best you can come up with this is going to be easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263