Fixtures 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably the Chelsea game now needs to be added to the list of fixtures to be rearranged now that they've made the LC final?

No obvious replacement that weekend either.

This is our possible schedule, if we get to both cup finals:

JANUARY

Wed 19 Tottenham (h) 19:30 BT Sport
Sun 23 Brighton (h) 14:00

Winter break - no more games to be played until the first weekend in February.

FEBRUARY

Sun 6 Nottingham Forest (a) FA Cup 16:00 BBC One
Thu 10 Liverpool (a) BT Sport
Sun13 West Ham United (h) 16:30 Sky
Thu 17 Randers (h) 20:00 BT Sport
Sun 20 Wolves (a) 16:30 Sky
Thu 24 Randers (a) 17:45 BT Sport
Sun 27 Chelsea (a) 14:00 Sky - POSTPONED - Chelsea are in the EFL Cup final. None of the games that need to be rearranged can be moved to this date (Liverpool or Arsenal will also have the weekend off)

MARCH

Wed 2 FA Cup 5th round
Sat 5 Leeds United (h)
Thu 10 UECL
Sun 12 Arsenal (a)
Thu 17 UECL
Sun 19 Brentford (h) POSTPONED if we're still in the FA Cup

21-29 - International window

APRIL

Sat 2 Manchester United (a)
Thu 7 UECL
Sun 9 Crystal Palace (h)
Thu 14 UECL
Sun 16 Newcastle United (a) Postponed if we're still in the FA Cup
Wed 19 - FREE MIDWEEK
Sat 23 Aston Villa (h)
Thu 28 UECL semi
Sat 30 Tottenham (a)

MAY

Thu 5 UECL semi
Sun 7 Everton (h)
Wed 10 FREE MIDWEEK
Sun 15 Watford (a) Postponed if we get to the FA Cup final
Wed 18 FREE MIDWEEK
Sun 22 Southampton (h)
Thu 25 UECL Final

Games to be rearranged:

Everton
Norwich
Chelsea
Burnley
Brentford
Newcastle
Watford

Only three free midweek dates available before the end of the season, with the first one not until 19th April. Seven matches to be rearranged.

The obvious thing to do would be to scrap the winter break. We could fit another three games in there. But at the moment it looks like that is still going ahead.

UEFA's rules don't allow league games to be played at the same time as UEFA games, so losing to Randers wouldn't be much help if we can't use the free midweeks anyway. It's likely that UEFA will relax this rule this season, if there's no other option.

Even before this pile up, the whole winter break is just bollocks.

Take 2 weeks out of the season to play the same amount of games in a shorter space of time?

Makes no sense at all and even more so now as we've had about a month off anyway!

UEFA's rules don't allow league games to be played at the same time as UEFA games, so losing to Randers wouldn't be much help if we can't use the free midweeks anyway. It's likely that UEFA will relax this rule this season, if there's no other option.
Think I read they already have relaxed the rule

I’ve only just realised there is actually a “winter break” coming up. So a whole week without any PL matches, despite PL matches piling up. Or am I wrong?

I’ve only just realised there is actually a “winter break” coming up. So a whole week without any PL matches, despite PL matches piling up. Or am I wrong?

It's a two week break after the Brighton match, then the fourth round of the FA Cup.

There's an international week in some parts of the world at the same time, but nothing that would have got any games postponed.

Leeds (H) moved to 12.30 5th March.

Arsenal (A) moved to 16.30 13th March.

Worth pointing out that we've never played at the Emirates on a Saturday. Last time we did play Arsenal away on a Saturday was 2004.

Two new Conference League fixtures - 10th and 17th March vs. Rennes.

Also means that the home fixture with Brentford will move to 20th March probably a 2pm ko.

That's crap I have 2 tickets for Florence and the Machines on Friday night in Newcastle they were got for me by my sister in law before they go on release, I specifically wanted them as my wife and I were going to make a weekend out of it by also watching Leicester on the Saturday.
Booo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758