Flasks are now banned at the King Power stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volpone

Like many supporters, I have taken a flask to most matches for at least the last 30 years.

Showsec security, presumably with the blessing of LCFC, have now decided that flasks are not permitted in the KP stadium.

Yesterday, my bag was inspected and I was told I would not be allowed entry with my flask unless I left it outside the turnstile area.

On querying this, a supervisor was sent for who then apparently called ‘the control room’ and confirmed it was now club policy.

Here is the list of banned articles from the club’s Ground Regulations: The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Where I left my flask (at 2.15pm) there were at least half a dozen others, yet inside the stadium a guy in a seat behind me had a flask and said security had looked at it inside his bag and said nothing.

The ironic thing is that my flask was bought in the club shop years ago with the club crest stamped on it and the latest version is on sale there.

Don’t bother buying one before the game because you won’t be let into the ground and your new purchase will have to be dumped outside!1631446678997.png

What about tartan blankets for your legs - are they now banned as well then ?

Woke Health and Safety Political Correctness gone mad….

i bought a mug at an away game years ago and the steward tried to stop me taking it in with me. I politely asked him what was the point in selling them and he waved me through without answering.

I remember a game at Villa Park where a WPC searched me, found my can of Coke, took it from me saying it wasn't allowed and then handed it back to me and in I went with it!

They took my picnic basket off me the other week, the bastards. Apparently cheese knives are a weapon, but I can’t imagine that a bit of cheddar is going to hurt anyone, no matter how much I carve it into a sharp point?

Many years ago i went to QPR and was stopping the night so had a bag with me. My mate who was living in Plymouth and worked as a chef met me in London for the match. When i was searched they took a can of deodorant off me but weren't bothered at all by his set of steak knives and a bottle of vodka he'd picked up while waiting for my train to arrive. Sometimes it's the person they don't trust.

Many years ago i went to QPR and was stopping the night so had a bag with me. My mate who was living in Plymouth and worked as a chef met me in London for the match. When i was searched they took a can of deodorant off me but weren't bothered at all by his set of steak knives and a bottle of vodka he'd picked up while waiting for my train to arrive. Sometimes it's the person they don't trust.
Happened to me and my mate at Highfield Road. He, the darker-skinned one, got patted down like he was going into a Cat A prison and I, whitey, was waved straight through immediately after.

They took my picnic basket off me the other week, the bastards. Apparently cheese knives are a weapon, but I can’t imagine that a bit of cheddar is going to hurt anyone, no matter how much I carve it into a sharp point?
Why do you bring a picnic basket to a game though? :017:

Happened to me and my mate at Highfield Road. He, the darker-skinned one, got patted down like he was going into a Cat A prison and I, whitey, was waved straight through immediately after.
Perhaps they didn’t bother searching you as they knew you are a ****?

I find it incredible that people can't go 2 hours without food and drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758