Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingy_85

250px-FM2010cover.JPG

Due out October 30th.

Doesnt seem to be that many changes, but if it aint broke?

You can now "Shout from the touchline" - which will no doubt help when Robbie Neilson is on the attack.

Il just be happy with the general update, its getting a tad frustrating seeing the same results over and over. Hopefully they will tone down Arsenal so that they dont become the next Barcelona by the turn of the year.

Any thoughts...?

Sticking with an updated version of 2009 for now. Really enjoying my Blyth game, just got to League two and finishing my squad prep for a hard season a head.

Had Enock Showumni on trial for 2 weeks, he played really well with my other striker and then accepted the offer from Bradford the bastard.

Had to get Luke Bowden in to patch that hole up and add to my strike force of Ngo Baheng and Cradock from Sunderland.

Brought Stefen oakes and Hamza Bensherif into the squad as well.

I'm in about 2024 with my game. Bit of a checkered career, started unemployed and then took the Huddersfield job, ending up getting them into the Prem after about 6 seasons and got a bit bored after that as they didn't really have the money to get anywhere in the league.

I managed to keep them up for a few seasons, then got offered the Leeds job (they has just been the subject of a foreign tycoon takeover, plenty of cash, plenty of ambition) so I thought I'd try and do what Cloughie never managed and turn them into worthy champions of England. I took over in Jan, oversaw a massive clearout of all the shit and I'm still with them in 2024 - won the Prem 5 times thanks to splashing the cash around big time. Trying to make them the best team of all time in England and then the world, so I've still got a lot of work to do!

Does anyone know when the demo is out for 2010?

my fm ghost is being stirred, and im getting urges to buy this, i just fear for my education if i do....

Last edited:
A few more minor features announced:

http://www.truefootballmanager.com/search/label/football manager 2010

Press conferences

In Football Manager 2009, it's possible to ask an assistant to visit press conferences instead of you. However, there was no way to know whether your assistant would be any good at them, so there's a media handling style for your staff. It will specify how a staff member will deal with press conferences.

Declaring job interest

You will be noticed by supporters and the board if you declare your interest in a job, and then visit a match of the club you are interested in. Such your behaviour will add some media focus as well as in real life.

Stadiums

Stadiums can have both terracing and seating. Now terracing will be shut or replaced with temporary seats for matches like an international fixture or European cups.

Supporters will comment!

Your team’s supporters will comment on a team selection you did telling their impressions about some players and aspects after match. The players who don’t play in the first squad will be also discussed by your supporters and you will be able to read all those discussions.

Monthly board updated

Monthly board update includes:

- financial aspects with profit and loss for the month

- club, and a regular physio summary too, telling you about who in the squad in injured or coming back from injury

New type of press conferences

Press conference for new signings. Journalists will talk about possible impact of new signing on your club, your squad, pressure on the player due to transfer fees, financial pressure due to the signing.

Free transfer player list

At the end of each football season, Football Manager 2010 will inform you about the high profile players who have been released. There will be a simple link to a list of all of them that you can checkout and analyze. Convenient feature, I think!

Equal values – one award

Sometimes it happens when 2 players have the same amount of scored goal in the season’s end. FM 2010 will explain you why one of these player got Best Scorer award. It doesn’t happen using alphabetic order by the way!

Controlling amount of news

Dear readers, I suspect you are different in the following thing: some of you like to receive a lot of news about different leagues and football events, another part of you is interested in news about your club only. SI Games presents excellent feature for all of us – we will be able to manage amount of news we want to receive in Football Manager 2010! There will be very flexible system to do that.

well i did a search on google for "cheap football manager 2010 pre-order" and it linked me to a website called heretodaygonetomorrow (which i found the zaavi deal on) which was advertising it as only for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363