Football pundits, who do you like / dislike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all shit.

All half time & post match punditry (& interviews) should be by video link from fans of clubs other than the ones taking part in the match. Preferably from pubs when they open again.

I'd watch that.

"Go on then you ****, bullshit us about how you meant that as a shot. It was a cross you jammy bastard. **** off"
Honestly think that would jazz it up a bit. It would be great to have actual fans discussing (calmly-ish) the football so far

she was getting a lot of shit the other night but in general I' a fan of Karen Carney, just seems to talk clearly and concisely about what is happening and seems able to hide whatever biases she may have far better then the usual group that get used.

Also I like Chris Sutton, but I go in knowing he is likely to either be playing devils advocate or trolling someone else on the broadcast so I find him more entertaining than informative

Agree on Sutton and I've got quite into 606 recently as whilst I'm not a fan of them personally, him and Savage make a good duo imo.

Can't believe no one has mentioned Coisty yet though - speaks about the game well and an entertaining guy too.

Andy Townsend is dog shit.
Sutton sounds like someone with a grudge.
Bring back Ron Atkinson.

And his comments about "Likes the sun on his back" and "It's in their culture."
"The Chinese people have the best contraception in the world - their women are so ugly. I can't understand why there are so many of them."

Top fella, that Big Ron

Coisty is class, as others have said he clearly enjoys it. Keane is entertaining and Neville is also with some good insight. I honestly can't think of many others that aren't irritating.

What do people make of the RL coverage? I will probably be in the minority but I rate Stringer and Piper together. I always think of commentators and pundits in terms of whom do I shout at the least and to be fair I rarely do at them.

What do people make of the RL coverage? I will probably be in the minority but I rate Stringer and Piper together. I always think of commentators and pundits in terms of whom do I shout at the least and to be fair I rarely do at them.
Awful. Far too often Stringer flaps on about something other than the game, such as players’ hairstyles or clothes. I listen when I have to but I’m constantly wishing he’d shut the **** up. Piper’s alright.

Awful. Far too often Stringer flaps on about something other than the game, such as players’ hairstyles or clothes. I listen when I have to but I’m constantly wishing he’d shut the **** up. Piper’s alright.
Yes I suppose he can go a bit Henry Blofeld 'pigeons on the outfield' random stuff nothing to do with the game at times. I used to chat with Matt Piper's dad at work occasionally, so I might be biased but definitely think Matt has improved a huge amount since starting. It can't be an easy gig talking live.

Yes I suppose he can go a bit Henry Blofeld 'pigeons on the outfield' random stuff nothing to do with the game at times. I used to chat with Matt Piper's dad at work occasionally, so I might be biased but definitely think Matt has improved a huge amount since starting. It can't be an easy gig talking live.
Loads better than he was, certainly

What’s right about it?
He looks like a rugger bugger from down the SU who does stuff like putting his cock in other peoples’ drinks but continuously gets bailed out by his much harder mates.

Roy Keane is a bitter old ****.

But to be fair to him he was a bitter young **** as well.

He's been bitter about some ****ing thing since he was 16. Never understood it.

Still bitter & twisted after having a glittering career with plaudits thrown at him by all & sundry despite being basically a glorified clogger.

Maybe the 'bitter' thing is incidental. Maybe he's just a ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363