Football Room 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

If there was a footballing room 101 what would you put in never to be seen in the game again?

I'd put that lame jumping thing footballers do when they lift trophies.

What is it for? Does anyone else do this random lame thing in their actual lives when something good happens?

Oh Jebus, where to begin.

The EFL Trophy, the Community Shield, all other equally pointless pots; big clubs rotating children into their sides for the cups; Sky and everything it's brought to the game; the European Championships and any other competition that allows a team to finish in the bottom half of its group stage and still win; tickets costing over £20; leagues with more than 20 teams.

Pretty much all punditry. Every time I hear an ex-player open his mouth I think I should do something more worthwile with my time than football. I used to think it was a competence issue but I'm beginning to think it is rooted deeper than that - that football can't be verbalised but only experienced and that of which we cannot speak we must consign to silence.

It is a flaw in my argument that this is my 6525th post on a website called TalkingBalls, however.

Pretty much all punditry. Every time I hear an ex-player open his mouth I think I should do something more worthwile with my time than football. I used to think it was a competence issue but I'm beginning to think it is rooted deeper than that - that football can't be verbalised but only experienced and that of which we cannot speak we must consign to silence.

It is a flaw in my argument that this is my 6525th post on a website called TalkingBalls, however.
:081:

Racists, homophobes, knuckle draggers, those who think that naked violence should be seen as banter, drunks who can't behave themselves, people who can't manage to stay in their place for 45 minutes at a time.
Has anybody said ticket touts?
People who think football was invented in 1992.

The double punishment of a red card and a penalty kick when the keeper commits a foul. Unless it's obviously violent play of course.

The double punishment of a red card and a penalty kick when the keeper commits a foul.

That's definitely already gone. And not only for keepers.

People who still use the ancient plural form of the word scarf.

Refs who don't know the Laws of the game
Pundits who don't know the Laws of the game
Players rolling around like they've been shot
The whole concept of kicking the ball out of play when an opposing player is "injured"
All of international football, particularly England
People who display England flags when we are in a competition
Continuous use of the term 'world class', especially for limited talentless fecks like Dele Alli and Harry Kane
Journalists who ask pointless banal pre and post match questions
The fact that Vicky Vixen, Cousin Dennis and the Foxy Ladies have been abandoned
The quite ridiculous price of tickets when revenuevstreams from elsewhere are gigantanormous
Fans becoming increasingly irrelevant to the whole concept of football
Football being only invented in 1992
Grown men in lycra football tops

People who leave before the game is over regardless of the score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757