Footballer held after fatal crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
His life was totally ruined the moment he realised what he had done. In any case the total ruination of a person's life is not a criteria for sentencing.

Semantics. If he is truly full of remorse for what he has done (rather than the effects on him) then I am not entirely unsympathetic.

Semantics. If he is truly full of remorse for what he has done (rather than the effects on him) then I am not entirely unsympathetic.

I'm not sure whether 'semantics' is the word that you intended to use. If it is and if you have used it correctly, it must mean something entirely different from what I thought.

I would suggest that the knowledge that you had killed somebody would have a far greater effect on your future well-being than any spell in prison could ever do.

I acknowledge that you do not feel entirely unsympathetic. I hope you read that I do not consider that he has been treated harshly - just more harshly than another person might have been.

I'm not sure whether 'semantics' is the word that you intended to use.

Probably not - it's late and I have imbibed :icon_bigg

What I meant was that your assertion that his 'life had been ruined' was only applicable if he was remorseful for the consequences of his actions rather than the effect (legally) and consequences as applicable to himself.

Did I read somewhere that he only got a 4-year driving ban? If so, I find that more amazing than the duration of his prison sentence - which seems about right.

Did I read somewhere that he only got a 4-year driving ban? If so, I find that more amazing than the duration of his prison sentence - which seems about right.

It seems particularly ironic that during by far the greater part of this driving ban, he will be in prison and won't be able to drive anyway.

But at least if he escapes he will have to use public transport for his getaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758