forest fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

I reckon the trees are getting a tad jealous that the foxes are now seen as the top dog in the east midlands.the bookies,top sports writers,fans around the country see us as favourites to go straight up[tote have us as low as 7-2].you only have to look at there forums to see there more bitter to us than derby.I believe now they actually would prefer us to lose more than derby in some respects.what a feeling to see the foxes dominance the last 8 years, and i personally think it will not change for years,what do you think

LMAO!!!!!

Nice one Crewe

Good spot lad...well enjoyed that

:lol: :lol: :lol:

slyfox said:
I reckon the trees are getting a tad jealous that the foxes are now seen as the top dog in the east midlands.the bookies,top sports writers,fans around the country see us as favourites to go straight up[tote have us as low as 7-2].you only have to look at there forums to see there more bitter to us than derby.I believe now they actually would prefer us to lose more than derby in some respects.what a feeling to see the foxes dominance the last 8 years, and i personally think it will not change for years,what do you think

I can't speak for all Forest fans, but I don't think the average suporter is jealous of Leicester. It was interesting to hear that there was a massive cheer when the Derby Leicester result was announced at the City Ground on Wednesday night, which I think goes to show that while Forest fans dislike Leicester, it's nothing compared to the rivalry with Derby. Another reason is that while Leicester may well get promoted this season, they're not a team appreciated by fans of other teams. Rightly or wrongly, this probably has something to do with the whole admin business, as well as Leicester's style of play and, er, professionalism. A bit like West Brom, it's hard to be jealous of something you don't aspire to be like.

i_godzuki said:
slyfox said:

I can't speak for all Forest fans, but I don't think the average suporter is jealous of Leicester. It was interesting to hear that there was a massive cheer when the Derby Leicester result was announced at the City Ground on Wednesday night, which I think goes to show that while Forest fans dislike Leicester, it's nothing compared to the rivalry with Derby. Another reason is that while Leicester may well get promoted this season, they're not a team appreciated by fans of other teams. Rightly or wrongly, this probably has something to do with the whole admin business, as well as Leicester's style of play and, er, professionalism. A bit like West Brom, it's hard to be jealous of something you don't aspire to be like.

i suppose teams aspire to be like forest, pretty over the top passing with not much end result and to finish mid table in the first division.

Dont people set their asperations low these days!!

Babylon said:
i_godzuki said:
slyfox said:

i suppose teams aspire to be like forest, pretty over the top passing with not much end result and to finish mid table in the first division.

Nice on babylon, the trees are trying to hide thier didain - BADLY

Godzuki or whatever you're called, it's evident that The Trees are going to have a great year

1 great passing football until the final third, ie 11 jo cole imitations (poor ones at that)
2 just like last year, year before that oh yes add another - mid table shit-ness
3 Your club lacks ambition - ie flogs best players to LCFC and takes back the worst left back in years. Rogers makes My bum look good!!!!
4 After 2 more games, you'll disapear until next year with even more false hope

Face it we're going up, sorry Tree it was a nice seeing you!

RoyFox said:
Babylon said:
i_godzuki said:
slyfox said:

Nice on babylon, the trees are trying to hide thier didain - BADLY

Godzuki or whatever you're called, it's evident that The Trees are going to have a great year

1 great passing football until the final third, ie 11 jo cole imitations (poor ones at that)
2 just like last year, year before that oh yes add another - mid table shit-ness
3 Your club lacks ambition - ie flogs best players to LCFC and takes back the worst left back in years. Rogers makes My bum look good!!!!
4 After 2 more games, you'll disapear until next year with even more false hope

Face it we're going up, sorry Tree it was a nice seeing you!

and my spellings as bad as your team this morning :lol:

godzuki im not saying the trees hate us more than derby,just that 15-20 years ago forest did not give a damn about us.now though the new generation of trees have a bit more hate about the foxes, maybe because we have been the better side since the o'neill days and it rankles with them that are no longer no1....do you see were i am coming from

Like the Crewe piece but Dave Bassett, a bumbling alcoholic. Think that's a bit out.
As for tree fans in general, they do tend to live on past glories. Yes they won the European cup, yes it was a brilliant achievement, but hey it was 25 years ago, a quarter of a century. Time to move on lads. Else I'll start on when Leicester almost won the double. If you don't believe me,have a look when spurs did the double, who did they beat in the cup final, and who finished 4th in the league. Past glories,don't you just love 'em :wink:
It is now 2004 and Leicester City are the top dogs in the East Midlands 8)

slyfox said:
godzuki im not saying the trees hate us more than derby,just that 15-20 years ago forest did not give a damn about us.now though the new generation of trees have a bit more hate about the foxes, maybe because we have been the better side since the o'neill days and it rankles with them that are no longer no1....do you see were i am coming from

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it grates with a lot of Forest fans that they're no longer automatically top of the tree in the East Midlands and our seemingly endless stint in this division. However, I'm not sure it's that Leicester have improved, more that Forest have declined. As far as I can remember Leicester have always fluctuated between the top two divisions whereas for a long time Forest were top ten in the top flight. Sadly, that's no longer the case, although I think Forest stand a decent chance of a play off spot this season if they can sign a couple of decent players.

Nevertheless, everyone seems to see Leicester as favourites and looking at your squad it's hard to disagree. You get what you pay for and Adams seems to have spent the parachute payments well, although some of the signings seem a bit on the aged side. I guess the big question is do you reckon he has a plan B for next year if you do go up?

I've just finished Uni in Notts where I lived for 3 years. I reckon a lot of the younger tree fans have been conned into supporting them by their older relatives, giving them bullshit about how they are one of the best and most attractive teams in Europe. These relatives then forget to mention this was 25 years ago and now no-one gives a shit.

The said youngsters, being residents of Nottingham, now feel they have to express their dismay by getting angry at us cos we're now the E mids best. I'm quite surprised it's just verbal at the minute, considering that around 90% of Nottingham seems to have access to a firearms, knives, hard drugs, or gangs in the salubrious districts of St Ann's, Radford, The Meadows and Bilborough.

:x :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469