Formula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely amazed he walked away from that.
People are saying it shows how safe Formula 1 is, but I'm pretty sure a Formula 1 car isn't supposed to break in half, get wedged into an Armco barrier and burst into flames!

I am absolutely amazed he walked away from that.
People are saying it shows how safe Formula 1 is, but I'm pretty sure a Formula 1 car isn't supposed to break in half, get wedged into an Armco barrier and burst into flames!
It's definitely safer than it was 30 years ago!

So Hamilton missing this weekends race due Covid means that Merc will be having George Russell in his place instead.

F1 race without Hamilton will be weird but really looking forward to seeing Russell in the Merc as it will give a clear indication of how much is down to man or machine seeing as he will be going from the slowest car on the grid to the quickest!

I bet Bottas is bricking it for the weekend - if Russell out quali/races him then serious questions need to be asked about his place at Merc.

Jack Aitkin to sit in for Russell at Williams so still the usual number of Brits on the grid.

Interesting. I saw he was a possible replacement, but hadn’t seen it confirmed.

So Hamilton missing this weekends race due Covid means that Merc will be having George Russell in his place instead.

F1 race without Hamilton will be weird but really looking forward to seeing Russell in the Merc as it will give a clear indication of how much is down to man or machine seeing as he will be going from the slowest car on the grid to the quickest!

I bet Bottas is bricking it for the weekend - if Russell out quali/races him then serious questions need to be asked about his place at Merc.

Jack Aitkin to sit in for Russell at Williams so still the usual number of Brits on the grid.
Agreed - this is going to be a really interesting weekend.

Skip to 7:12 for a pretty emotional interview with Grosjean - almost brought a tear to my eye but so pleasing to be able to laugh with him at the end!

Skip to 7:12 for a pretty emotional interview with Grosjean - almost brought a tear to my eye but so pleasing to be able to laugh with him at the end!

Interview is nothing short of incredible. The detail he recalls is amazing - I really liked when he was explaining working out what was happening. “Is it a sunset? No...”

Cheers M17TT, I hadn’t seen that interview. Pretty powerful stuff!

Excellent work SilverFox and fitting tribute to a true sporting icon.

Genuinely almost shed a tear as I heard the news (and I don't generally care much for 'celebs') as he really was one of the reasons I got into motorsports so much as he could make a snail race sound like the most epic race ever!

He was simply the voice of motor sport. Very sad, but a tremendous innings. We should all be so lucky to make 97.

Edge of the seat stuff. Brilliant from Hamilton. That Red Bull is clearly a faster car. Add to that the fact that Hamilton’s tyres were a good 10 laps older.

Mazispin looks shite. Made me laugh just how shite he was. Completed more formation laps than racing laps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757