Formula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I race to go in a 21 race series and it’s all square. What a season. It has been an excellent distraction from the shitefest on the football field this season.

If the season ended today Verstappen would be champion because he has more race wins. I would not be at all surprised if next week he goes all Senna/Prost, Schmacher/Hill and takes Hamilton out, it will not matter if he doesn't finish himself. The stunt he pulled today when he braked with Hamilton right behind him goes to show what an arrogant prick he is.

If the season ended today Verstappen would be champion because he has more race wins. I would not be at all surprised if next week he goes all Senna/Prost, Schmacher/Hill and takes Hamilton out, it will not matter if he doesn't finish himself. The stunt he pulled today when he braked with Hamilton right behind him goes to show what an arrogant prick he is.
Can't pretend that Hamilton hasn't switched on the game-playing mode as well though.

I don't understand why he's not breezed past him on that one.

Can't pretend that Hamilton hasn't switched on the game-playing mode as well though.

I don't understand why he's not breezed past him on that one.
DRS zone was coming up Max would have just regained the lead

DRS zone was coming up Max would have just regained the lead
Max also weirdly jinked into the middle of the track. I think you are right. He was obviously trying to hold him up into the DRS detection zone.

Rules state the place has to be given up, doesn't say where does it?
True, but if you were Hamilton you’d want to wait for the DRS zone. It was a smart move by Red Bull to try to give up the place in that area, which would give Max an immediate opportunity to regain the lead as he would definitely been within 1 sec for the DRS

I don't think Netflix could have ever come up with a storyline like yesterday's race.

Crazyiest race I've ever seen!

Surely if Max did apply the breaks then he would have got a serious penalty??

Can't quite believe both cars survived it though with minimal damage.

Just realised the final race clashes with the Newcastle match but not really too hard a decision to make!

...Surely if Max did apply the breaks then he would have got a serious penalty??...

No if's, from the race stewards:

"The key point was that [Verstappen] then braked suddenly [at 69 bar] and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration… The sudden braking was determined to be erratic and hence the predominant cause of the collision."

He got a 10 second time penalty and two points on his licence.

No if's, from the race stewards:

"The key point was that [Verstappen] then braked suddenly [at 69 bar] and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration… The sudden braking was determined to be erratic and hence the predominant cause of the collision."

He got a 10 second time penalty and two points on his licence.
Thanks, I only watched the highlights yesterday so had avoided any post race stuff.

Surprised he didn't get black flagged for that as that is just down right dangerous and idiotic.

And I'm someone who had been rooting for him most of the season too.

His head has clearly gone doing stuff like that and I don't think he is mature enough to regain the composure required to win it next week.

The form Hamilton is in and Max's meltdown, Hamilton could drive off into the sunset next weekend!

...His head has clearly gone doing stuff like that and I don't think he is mature enough to regain the composure required to win it next week...

It's because he's a complete dick who has a great sense of entitlement and that he should be allowed to anything he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263