Forum Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

My old boss wants a forum creating for his website, nothing to do with sport or football or anything, and he is particularly interested in the software used to drive this forum (well he's seen it elsewhere, but it is the same as this one). So to webbo, if you don't mind, can you point me in the direction of where I could get it, costs etc?

beighton155 said:
My old boss wants a forum creating for his website, nothing to do with sport or football or anything, and he is particularly interested in the software used to drive this forum (well he's seen it elsewhere, but it is the same as this one). So to webbo, if you don't mind, can you point me in the direction of where I could get it, costs etc?

It's called vBulletin, you can get it from vBulletin.com, or if you buy it using this link: http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1592278-1163318 I'll earn some commission :icon_bigg

The cost depends on whether you want to buy or rent it, and whether you want the branding free version (which this is). Can't find the exact costs at the moment because I can't access their website.

oh ok, the one I found was phpBB, it's free so the guy will probably want that one. Thanks for the info, i'll check vBulletin out

beighton155 said:
oh ok, the one I found was phpBB, it's free so the guy will probably want that one. Thanks for the info, i'll check vBulletin out

PHPBB is what we used to have, but I was fed up of the constant security problems. vBulletin is a better forum and is more secure, so I thought it was worth paying for.

Just checked prices, the owned version is £91, a one year leased license is £48, the branding free option (removal of their copyright notice etc) is another £68, and if you want them to install it it's another £77.

webmaster said:
Just checked prices, the owned version is £91, a one year leased license is £48, the branding free option (removal of their copyright notice etc) is another £68, and if you want them to install it it's another £77.

did you get them to install it webbo?

webmaster said:
fecking hell thats a lot of dosh for a website

drummindefender said:
fecking hell thats a lot of dosh for a website

Is it?

I've just spent $1200 on a database system for one of my sites, and I spend around £180 a month on hosting, so the cost of the forum software seems pretty small compared to that!

webmaster said:
Is it?

I've just spent $1200 on a database system for one of my sites, and I spend around £180 a month on hosting, so the cost of the forum software seems pretty small compared to that!
are you a full time webmaster then

webmaster said:
Is it?

hey webbo, just out of intest and coz im abit nosey, can you tell us any of the other websites you run. Come on its free advertising.

Those prices are very cheap considering how much I would charge to create a complete forum system!

fcukcov said:
hey webbo, just out of intest and coz im abit nosey, can you tell us any of the other websites you run. Come on its free advertising.

www.minkyminky.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670