New Contract Four Years for Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club is delighted to confirm that James Maddison has signed a new contract, keeping him at King Power Stadium until at least 2024.

Since joining from Norwich City in June 2018, the 23-year-old has developed into one of the Premier League’s most exciting young talents, as well as a key member of Leicester City’s first team squad.

The England international, who made his senior debut for the Three Lions in November 2019, has made 76 appearances for City in all competitions, scoring 16 goals, and was named the Club’s Young Player of the Season at the end of the 2018/19 campaign.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Maddison said: “I’m so happy to sign a new contract for this Football Club. It’s an incredibly exciting time to be a Leicester City player with so many positive things happening on and off the pitch and I’m delighted to be part of that. What we’ve achieved as a Club this season is a huge step forward for us and I know there’s so much more to come from this team.

“I’ve enjoyed every moment since joining Leicester City. The supporters have been incredible to me and we’ve a fantastic set of players in that dressing room who are determined to show what we’re capable of doing together in both Europe and the Premier League next season.”

Born in Coventry, Maddison began his career with the Sky Blues as an Academy graduate, before moving to Norwich City in January 2016.

He continued his development on loan at Aberdeen, before returning to Carrow Road and going on to feature for the Canaries 53 times in all competitions, scoring 16 goals.

Maddison made his debut for Leicester City in the Club’s Friday night curtain-raiser against Manchester United at Old Trafford in August 2018, and scored on his first outing at King Power Stadium a week later in a 2-0 win against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The creative midfielder went on to make 38 appearances for City in all competitions, finding the net seven times, and was named the Club’s Young Player of the Season after an impressive first campaign in the Premier League.

This season, Maddison has featured for City 38 times in all competitions and has already beaten his goal tally for last season with nine to his name. He also made his senior England debut at Wembley Stadium in November, in a 7-0 win against Montenegro in the UEFA EURO 2020 qualifiers.

Excellent. Lets hope he can deliver even more this season.

Yep great news - hopefully more like this staying with us rather than selling them on.

Him, Ndidi and Tielemans have the potential to become a great midfield if they can just click with a few new signings. Great that we are sorting contracts for key players.

13 goals and 10 assists in 67 PL appearances for us - one in every 240 mins.

In comparison, Barnes has a goal or assist every 183 mins, Perez every 170 mins. and Tielemans every 246 mins.

And Maddison takes virtually all the set pieces.

He's not worth £100k+ a week as far as I'm concerned. He's a very good year away from earning that sort of a contract.

I’d love to see our darling Maddison play for a manager that’s a bit of a hard bastard. I think he could become something very special.

Well he largely delivered sod-all last season, so yeah, lets hope he delivers more.
He's a young and very talented player. He may have disappointed in the latter half of last season but there would be a significant number of teams in the Premier League who'd snap him up given the chance.

He's on over 100k a week

****ing football

He's a young and very talented player. He may have disappointed in the latter half of last season but there would be a significant number of teams in the Premier League who'd snap him up given the chance.
I agree

Could be the next David Beckham. If he stops ****ing about and has the dedication to put the training in.

I hope he's better than Beckham. Goldenballs was a very good player but no where near as good as he was hyped up to be.

I hope he's better than Beckham. Goldenballs was a very good player but no where near as good as he was hyped up to be.

I got sick of saying this at the time. Got shouted down every time. Usually with the suggestion that I was saying he was crap. I never said he was crap, I said he was overrated. Not the same thing. Your description of "very good" is spot on. But to get the kind of hype & saturation coverage he did you really should be one of the greats. During his time playing only Ronaldo & Messi were as famous or got as much coverage. Clearly he was nowhere near that level. Nobody was.
I watched a lot of La Liga in those days & seeing Beckham playing in a 3 man midfield line next to Figo & Zidane showed up his limitations pretty well.

I got sick of saying this at the time. Got shouted down every time. Usually with the suggestion that I was saying he was crap. I never said he was crap, I said he was overrated. Not the same thing. Your description of "very good" is spot on. But to get the kind of hype & saturation coverage he did you really should be one of the greats. During his time playing only Ronaldo & Messi were as famous or got as much coverage. Clearly he was nowhere near that level. Nobody was.
I watched a lot of La Liga in those days & seeing Beckham playing in a 3 man midfield line next to Figo & Zidane showed up his limitations pretty well.

Its coz hes bare fit innit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758