Freddie Leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Today is a sad day for Tigers fans - Freddie Tuilagi is leaving Tigers to join Cardiff. :cry:

"Welford Road crowd favourite Freddie Tuilagi will be leaving Leicester Tigers, with the powerful Samoan back joining Welsh side Cardiff Blues in 2004/05. Tuilagi has signed a one-year deal and will join Cardiff in July.

The 32-year-old Tuilagi, comfortable in the midfield or on the wing, will join up at Cardiff with backs Craig Morgan, Rhys Williams, Jamie Robinson, Nicky Robinson, Richard Smith, Ryan Powell and Tom Shanklin - all of whom have played Test rugby for Wales.

"I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at Leicester Tigers and made so many good friends while I've been here," said Tuilagi to leicestertigers.com.

Tuilagi, something of a cult figure at Welford Road since his debut in October 2000, also had a message for all loyal Tigers fans he was leaving behind in Leicester.

"The supporters have been tremendous to me," he said, "and I would like to thank them for all their support."

Tuilagi, who has played 16 tests for Samoa, played a total of 80 first-team matches for Leicester, making 11 starts in the 2003/04 season and a further eight appearances off the bench.

The hard-running Tuilagi scored a total of 15 tries - one of which came this past season - for Tigers in his time at Welford Road."

Tigers9971news1.jpg

:cry: - A true hero.....

It is a sad day, my wig will have to go on the shelf.

rotherhamfox said:

Same here mate - ive still got mine since when he joined!

City Fan said:
rotherhamfox said:

The guy is a legend, he was like a tank, just knocked players flying, always be an icon to tigers fans.

rotherhamfox said:
City Fan said:
rotherhamfox said:

The guy is a legend, he was like a tank, just knocked players flying, always be an icon to tigers fans.

You guys taking the piss or do you actually follow rugby??!!

What do you guys think of harry ellis?

Babylon said:
rotherhamfox said:
City Fan said:
rotherhamfox said:

I follow it yeh, Harry Ellis is a decent player didnt reck too much to him when he started, improved greatly, Louis Deacon is also a good youngster, and Baxter on the wing.

rotherhamfox said:
Babylon said:
rotherhamfox said:
City Fan said:
rotherhamfox said:

I follow it yeh, Harry Ellis is a decent player didnt reck too much to him when he started, improved greatly, Louis Deacon is also a good youngster, and Baxter on the wing.

Only asked cus i know him well... can't believe he will be in the England squad this summer.

I hate Tigers, they are lethal, I saw one once in Nam and it scared the shit out of me, I was after mangos!

Joe_Fox said:
I hate Tigers, they are lethal, I saw one once in Nam and it scared the shit out of me, I was after mangos!

'Its a ****ing tiger man, ****in tiger'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263