Fryatt To Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think so - can't see Sven wanting to lose proven players at this level.

He knows he's got funds to buy more players. I think Fryatt has a role to play.

I don't really mind if it's true the way he's been playing at the moment.

Last edited:
Aren't they in the process of being taken over by someone promising to spend money on players?

Yes, debt cleared and money to build squad for returm to premiership. Could be something in this. Pearson seemed to like him and the player looks out of sorts again since he left. Loan him out and cash in January?
I don't dislike Fryatt but his form has dipped again and we could get someone better in.

:018: Fryatt is proven only at League 1 level, IMHO.

Fryatt scored goals in the Championship when he first arrived and was partly responsible for saving us from a relegation that seemed inevitable.
His second season he suffered from a long injury.
In the season of Four Managers he was treated despicably by Martin Allen and neither Megson or Holloway seemed able to restore his confidence.
Pearson made it clear that he thought Fryatt was better than DJ and he was regular first choice. He flourished not only in League One but last year in the Championship.
Fryatt does seem to have confidence problems. For whatever reason his game suffered more than most under Sousa and he needs time and good management to bring him back to form.

I leave Vassall out of my comments since I have not seem him enough to judge but with all due respect to the qood qualities of Howard and Waghorn they are not natural goal scorers. Matty Fryatt is the only natural goal scorer we have got.

I reckon get rid now, he appears to not want to play for us, evident by he didnt fight howard for the ball on the penalty as well.

Possibly Fryatt needs to have broader shoulders, he's not always going to get the Manager's arm around him to give him the confidence he needs.

I reckon get rid now, he appears to not want to play for us, evident by he didnt fight howard for the ball on the penalty as well.

No it wasn't to do with him not wanting to play for us it was that he was afraid he might look like he was throwing a paddy again like at Norwich and get a red card :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363